Chapter 52

I was woken by the sound of my phone vibrating loudly on the coffee table. The brunet boy under me was stirred by it, too, but it took us a few seconds to realize what the noise was. I picked up the small device to see who had been calling me at five in the morning. 

Unknown Number.

I sighed to myself as I hesitantly clicked the green answer button, leaning back against the half-asleep Yukio. "Katai."

"Hello, my darling!" A loud voice echoed through. I had to suppress a groan by letting it come out in the form of a silent guttural sigh. 

"Sir Pheles," I acknowledged. "I wasn't aware you had my contact information... What can I do for you?"

"I have authority to get the records of all my exorcists, which has the contact information, of course," the purple-haired demon Headmaster made a chuckle at his end of the phone. "As our most... fresh exorcist, you need  come see me in my office before the start of your first class. Around six-thirty or seven should do. I'm sure Mister Okumura is with you at the moment, so please tell him to come, as well. We also have your new uniform."

"Yes, sir."

"Magnificent!" Click.

I let off another sigh at the man who hung up. I looked up at Yukio, who was fixing his glasses. "Did you hear that?"

"Yes. He wants me to come with you."

I nodded, stretching my back and letting it pop loudly as I sat up. I still had on the black hoodie and blue jeans I had worn yesterday, and would have to shower and change before I left. "I'm going to shower first," I told the boy as I stood. He nodded with a gentle smile up at me before he stood up himself. "You could shower here if you want, there are dorm showers just down the hall and upstairs."

Yukio nodded, pushing his glasses up. "I may do that, as long as I still have clothes I had left here."

"I think so. I washed them. They should be in my room," I declared as the boy began following me upstairs. "Maybe you should just move in," I suggested with a small smile and an eyebrow raise at Yukio.

The brunet let off a small laugh and a shake of his head as his face went slightly pink. I pulled a clean uniform from my closet as Yukio searched for his clothes in the drawers I had put them in. I went across to the shower across from my dorm room, then pointed down the hall. "The first door on the left is the next shower. Unless you want to join me," I told the boy, slightly joking.

Yukio gave a gentle chuckle as the highs of his cheeks began to tint a pastel pink. "I could," he declared softly, brushing his soft lips against my cheek. "We could finish what we started before Sir Pheles interrupted us the other day."

It was my turn to feel my face turn warm. I had been joking- and there was amusement in Yukio's voice, too- but I wouldn't have at all been complaining if he did join. "Well, you should probably hurry up, then," I declared as I walked through the wooden door, beckoning him in with a tony gesture of my head. "I don't want to be late."

Yukio stood in the hallway still, his clothes and towel still slung over one shoulder. "Are you sure you want me to, Minette?"

A small smile grew on my face as I held the door. "If you want to, I would not be complaining."

Yukio's face once again turned a light pink as he gave me a gentle smile and shake of his head, his gaze falling to the ground briefly while he walked into the room. I let the door fall shut, turning and leaving my clothes and towel on the wide counter. I slipped off my sneakers and left them in front of the counter before walking on my bare feet on the cool tile. I didn't pause for Yukio, just barely watching out of the corner of my eye as he did the same with his own things. I hesitated for only a moment before I stripped my shirt off as I usually did when showering, my back still to Yukio. I left it on the small shelf just outside the shower stall, beginning to do the same with the pastel blue bra around my bust. The cool air stung my torso, giving me goosebumps.