Chapter 38

Yukio had definitely been right on Tsubaki's choice on placing me with Shima to spar during class. However, the professor also called me out beforehand.

"Katai!" The man gestured me over to where he stood, not yet on his podium to oversee the class. "As you can see, I have placed you with Shima. However, I would like you not to dwell on your hand-to-hand combats from yesterday. Give it your all from here on out, but the rule not to injure or seriously hurt your opponent stands."

I gave a small smile. "Yes, sir. Thank you." I gave Tsubaki a small bow before backing away and walking back to where I had been about to face off with the pink-haired boy. 

Tsubaki climbed up to his centre platform in the middle of the Physical Education room, and he looked down at us. "Prepare yourself, Pages... And Exwire."

Shima gave a small laugh, looking at me with his lovey eyes. "I'll go easy on you, Katai. Don't worry."

I made a smirk at the boy. "Don't bother."

"You may begin!"

Shima went into his fighting cobra-like stance, hopping on the balls of his feet around me. 

What's he doing?

I decided that Shima was waiting for me to make the first move, and I sent a kick directly into his side.

"Hah!" The boy made a swift yell as he dodged my kick. I sent another kick to his other side, which he dodged also, but gave me the opportunity to punch straight into his chest. Shima got the wind knocked out of him and fell backwards. 

The pink-haired Page got up from the ground quickly, giving a nervous laugh. "C'mon, is that all you got?" 

I effortlessly kicked the boy in the side again, making his weak figure fall over again. But Shima still stood up again.

Man, he's persistent isn't he?

"Haaaaaa!" Shima yelled as he sent his leg towards the side of my chest. I looked at the boy like he was a fool, grabbing his ankle with my two hands. I lifted his leg up above my head, where he fell to the ground with a loud thump. I threw his leg forward until the boy was pushed to roll backwards. 

Shima gave another nervous laugh from the ground. "Girls, huh, Koneko?" He turned his head, covered in dirt from the ground, to his friend near him. 

Koneko only looked at his own opponent, Takara, on the ground still holding his pink puppet. "Well, perhaps if you didn't try to flirt with them while you fight them, Shima."

.

When I reached Literature, Yukio was already in his seat writing on a piece of homework. "Hey," I greeted tiredly as I sat down next to him. 

"Hello," he gave me a small smile. "Did Shima prove to be harder to fight than you thought?"

"Oh, hell no," I shook my head with a small laugh. "I just got back from Neuhaus's class. He was just having us try to summon familiars if we could. I fell asleep and woke up five minutes ago."

Yukio chuckled. "I hope you don't plan on falling asleep in my class like that any time soon."

"I don't. Your class isn't boring as shit and you aren't creepy like he is."

Yukio chuckled again. "Maybe if you slept more at night, then you wouldn't fall asleep when you get bored," he teased. 

"I sleep perfectly enough, thank you," I retorted back with a smile at him, "You try having to sit around with Garlic-Breath Neuhaus for an hour and a half doing nothing. He doesn't let us do any other homework in his class! Maybe I will fall asleep in your class if you make it boring enough," I teased back at Yukio, giving him a small grin. 

"Then maybe I'll have to get out my meter stick from my desk and just wake you up."

"Wow, Yukio," I sat up slightly straighter, my small grin growing, "I didn't know you were into that."

Yukio opened his mouth, but shook his head in defeat and laughed openly, his cheeks slightly tinting pink. "That's not at all what I meant, Minette."

"You sure, Yuki?"

Yukio shook his head again with another small laugh, then gazed over at me. "I'm pretty positive."

I gave an amused and playfully teasing smile at the boy. "Well, I guess we'll just have to see then."