Chapter 49

I quickly buttoned up my shirt, my hands shaking as I fixed the uniform shirt and sweatpants that I had still worn. I cleared my throat with a slight sense of awkwardness as Yukio nodded at me with a small smile, showing a trace of nervousness. The boy opened the door, and we made our way down the hall towards the Great Room of the Okumura boys' dorm building, where I had been staying.

"Ah, Mister Okumura! Finally," Mephisto swung his puffy white umbrella around in a circle. 

"Yes, sir," Yukio gave a small nod, his face flushed.

"I have come to inform you two of Katai's test results.... And hopefully I won't need to inform a third little one," Mephisto gave a wide smirk, showing off his small white fangs. I swallowed harshly and awkwardly crossed my arms. 

"S-Sir Pheles," Yukio intervened. "What about her test results?"

"Ah, right! Here are the papers." Mephisto took his free hand off is hip. "Eins, Zwei, Drei!"

The tall man snapped his finger. With a puff of smoke, a set of papers was in his gloved hand. "I am happy to let you know, Katai, that you excelled in your exam."

I let out a deep exhale as I carefully took the papers from Mephisto's hand. My hands were still trembling as I looked down to see my name at the top. "Those are all the reports from the exam supervisors. Not important," he waved his hand casually. Look at the last page. You'll find your new identification card with your given Meisters. Should you apply for another and pass, you will receive a new one."

I flicked quickly through the white sheets until I found the last. An identification card with the same photo as my driver's license was stuck to the photo with glue dots, along with a True Cross pin next to it.

"That is, of course, your uniform pin. Once you receive your uniform jacket, it is expected that you keep that pin to it at all times. You should get it in a few days or so. I'm sure Mister Okumura here has your sizing," the demon gave another slightly perverted smirk at Yukio. 

"Ah, I can figure it out. We'll make sure Katai is supplied with what she needs."

Mephisto let out a small deep chuckle. "Of course. In that case," he brought his hand up. "I will see you two once you come back to class. Eins, Zwei, Drei!"

Snap!

With yet another dramatic puff of smoke, he was gone. The air where Mephisto had stood became entirely empty, and I let out a relieved sigh. Yukio mirrored my reaction before turning to me.

"You passed! That's amazing, Akilina, I'm very happy for you. I knew you would."

I let off another small sigh. "Thanks. I'm glad I did, too."

"What Meisters did you pass? Tamer, surely. And Doctor, based on your written exam score."

I looked down at the identification card. "Dragoon, Tamer, and Doctor."

"I'm surprised you were not titled Aria, given your field exam performace. But nonetheless, amazing job, Minette."

I shrugged and looked up at Yukio with a small smile. "Thanks," I nodded softly. 

.

A/N: a short chapter boi™ but hi at least I posted something I'm not dead