Chapter 44

"Oh my God," I commented as Yukio told me about Neuhaus' odd actions, and his over-the-top attack at Rin. "I knew something waas up with him. Are you bringing it up to the headmaster?"

"Unfortunately, I have tried," Yukio sighed, "He is adamant that Neuhaus is not a traitor and that he is a good teacher, even if a bit dramatic and and aggressive."

"He's not a good teacher if he's aggressive," I declared as I put another small bite of food in my mouth, crossing my legs on the chair I sat on in front of the table. "Something's up with him, everyone knows it."

"Yes, there is," Yukio agreed as he continued eating, also. "Now I have to keep an eye on Rin and him."

"At least we know Rin won't purposely go on a murderous rampage," I contrasted.

"Very good point, however, I still have to keep an eye out for him. For other people's safety and his own."

I shook my head to myself, glancing down. "That's stressful, I'm sorry."

Yukio responded with a soft smile and a gentle "It's okay, it's my job. It's what I signed up for. We all have stress."

Once we finished eating and putting our dishes away, Yukio and I sat together on the couch in the great room of the dorm building after he changed into more casual clothing. "Do you have any work left to do?"

"No," the boy shook his head, "All of our deadlines for the Cram School were to be finished before the Exam, and I finished my own schoolwork."

I nodded, leaning against the other student. He held me closer to him with his left arm, and brought his right arm up across his chest to embrace me, and I could feel his heartbeat just slightly as my head rested just below his shoulder.

"There was something I was wanting to tell you," Yukio declared softly.

"Hm?" I turned my head up to look at the other student, and he gazed down at me gently through his glasses.

"You know, I saw what you did when I was irritated at Kirigakure."

"Mm?" I cocked my head slightly.

Yukio's face turned up slightly in a small smile at me, and he gently pressed a kiss to me. I leaned up into him before we pulled away so he could hesitate before continuing. "How you reacted when I... Got a little mad at her for not doing her job."

Yukio spoke so gently and casually with his trademark soft smile on his face, and I remembered the chills I got down my spine when he had growled at the drunk pink-haired woman. He must have noticed it.

"Yeah?" A small grin reached up on my face. My face was turning slightly pink, and I bit the inside of my cheek with a grin.

"Yes," he stated matter-of-factly. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I... Want to try any experimentation. Solely for school purposes, of course. I do plan to take Psychology next semester, so it may prove to be helpful."

A light laugh escaped my mouth, and I felt my face turn pinker. I leaned up to meet Yukio's face, and he pressed his lips against mine.

Warmth spread across my face as Yukio kissed me, my forehead occasionally brushing against the edge of his glasses as we pressed against each other.

My neck hurt from twisting, and I briefly pulled away to sit up and sit on the boy's lap, pressing our lips together again. Yukio kept his warm arms around me, leaning back on the couch as kisses became more heated.

The boy's teeth gently brushed against my bottom lip, and my mouth went slightly slack as I pressed against him more. Of course, we'd had our fair share of make-out sessions in the past few weeks we had been dating, but not like this. It was almost feverish and hot, like a shitty hentai anime. But I still loved the feeling of his warm hands hugging gently around my stomach and his lips pressed against mine, barely able to breathe between kisses and rushes of euphoria.

Yukio slowly began pulling away, and we both sucked in air as our lips gently came apart. I could feel his warm breath on my cheek before he began gently pressing kisses across my jaw and down to my neck behind my ear.

I did't want the other student to stop. It felt too good, having him with me and being with each other like this. But at the same time, a bad sort of adrenaline was beginning to rise up through my chest, bubbling up in tense waves.

"Y-Yu... Ahh," I lost my train if thought as his lips gently brushed against a sensitive nerve. "Y-Yukio..."

My hand had gently made it up to his shoulders, and the boy pulled back to look at me. "Are you okay?"

A quiet exhale pushed out of my chest, and I nodded, closing my eyes as I leaned against Yukio. "I just... I-I'm sorry, I..."

"No, don't apologize, Minette," Yukio ran his fingers down my hands gently before interlocking our fingers softly in front of me. I felt my anxiety wash away as Yukio looked back up at me. "I don't want to scare you, I would never go farther than you want."

I let out another small sigh, leaning against Yukio as I carefully pressed my lips against his again, feeling the warm comfort from him. I pulled away slowly to breathe, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. Yukio leaned back against the couch again, leaning his head against mine gently.

I felt a sharp pain stabbing my thigh on Yukio's hip, and I shifted to try to ignore. I had to huff to myself before reaching over to a confused Yukio's side to grab his gun from his belt loop and move it away into the coffee table behind me, then leaned back against him.

The boy chuckled as he realized what I was doing, and relaxed against me again. "I never thought I would live a life when it's just an inconvenience to be sitting against a gun," I joked quietly.

Yukio gave another chuckle, his chest shaking with an almost open laugh, and it was nice to hear him laugh again.

.

A/N: this chapter and this fic overall is just such an oof. It shouldn't be this long bc this is where its getting cringey, bUt I dIdNt WaNt To RuSh ThE sToRy