Chapter 61

I'd fallen asleep against Yukio, but woke up within a matter of a couple hours. I could see the time on my alarm clock, still only reading 22:31. I slipped around the sleeping boy, standing from the bed. Instead of getting completely dressed, I borrowed Yukio's white undershirt, which went halfway down my thighs. 

My bare feet padded on the tile ground as I made my way back downstairs, picking my phone up from the coffee table. I found Suguro's contact, a missed call notification next to his name. I pressed the little green button to call him back. 

"This is Suguro," a deep voice answered. 

"Hey, Suguro, you called earlier? It's Akilina," I sat on the couch slowly.

"Oh, Akilina. Yeah. And just Ryuji is fine. I actually called about homework help, see if I could get your explanation," he almost mumbled the last parts.

"Oh, okay," I said in slight surprise that Ryuji Suguro needed educational help. "If you still want my help, I can. Sorry I was busy."

"It's all right. It was actually about the last demonology lesson," I heard a quiet sound of flipping pages. "I don't think I translated King James' summoning right, it's getting me all bad answers."

I nodded along, listening to Ryuji's problems on the assignment. I told him that he was indeed translating wrong, but that certain words and phrases in the Hebrew language could mean different things with different contexts.

"All right, thanks, Akilina," the boy replied as he processed the different answers. 

"No problem," I nodded as if he could see me. "Let me know if I can help with anything else."

"Will do. Have a good night."

"You, too."

I hung up with a click, standing back up. The shirt over me draped farther down my legs, tickling the skin. I turned to see Yukio in only his underwear putting his glasses on. "I was wondering where my shirt went."

I laughed quietly, looking down at the white t-shirt. "Yeah, sorry. I didn't feel like coming down here entirely naked. Even if it's just us." 

Yukio gave me his signature gentle smile. "It's okay, it looks cute on you."

I felt my face tint pink, and I shrugged. 

"Would you like to head back to bed? Or do you want to sit and chat with Suguro?"

I rolled my eyes with a small chuckle. "Jealous, are we?"

"Oh, I have nothing to prove," Yukio stood with his arms crossed, the hint of a all smirk on his face. "I think I've already proven you're not very interested in other students. Even Suguro."

My face heated up a brighter pink, and my head tilted down in embarrassment. "Let's go back to bed."

Yukio chuckled, following me back towards the stairs. "Sounds like a plan to me."