Chapter 46

I spent most of the next day with Tsubaki and Yukio in the training dorm, reviewing over Pharmaceutics, Bible verse recitals, shooting, hand-to-hand combat, and general demonology. I was sweating and panting by the end of it, my body near its limit after several hours of training. I hadn't even had missions this straining after hours of work.

"Mi- Katai," Yukio corrected himself as Tsubaki looked at him. "I reccommend you take the rest of the day off, go back to your dorm and rest."

"I agree," Tsubaki nodded his head, "You've already been excused for the day, so you might as well get back to your dorm for the last hour."

"It's just an hour," I shook my head as I rested my hands on my knees to try to inhale enough air.

"Go back to your dorm," Yukio repeated. "You'll need your rest. Don't strain yourself too much."

"Isn't the entire point of becoming an exorcist to strain yourself so other people don't die?" I gave a slightly amused laugh.

"Professor Tsubaki," Yukio turned to the older man, "I will make sure Katai gets back to her dorm safely."

Tsubaki nodded at Yukio. "I'm sure you will," he gave a small chuckle.

The older professor began to walk out of the training dorm, and Yukio stood in front of me again. "Come on, Minette. You really will need your rest."

I stood up, wiping the sweat off my forehead again as my chest rose and fell with each heavy breath. "Oh, I'm fine," I brushed him off.

"Akilina," Yukio said in a slightly darker tone, raising one of his eyebrows. "I would suggest you go get some rest," there was a slight growl in his voice, and he knew it would make me listen to him. However, I now wanted to test it.

A small smirk-like grin reached my face as I crossed my arms. "Or what?"

Yukio cocked his eyebrow further, a small smirk mirroring mine. He knew what I was doing. "Minette," he became closer to me, hugging me tightly around my torso and resting his face near the side of my head. "Go home."

"You going to come with me, Professor Okumura?"

"I will if I must," Yukio declared softly.

"Then I guess you should," I suggested, gently pressing my lips to the edge of his jaw near my face, feeling him shudder gently and suck in a silent breath of air. "So are you coming then? You said I need my rest." I let out a light laugh as Yukio chuckled, and I began heading out of the training dorm and down the hallway.

Once at my dorm building, I sat against Yukio on the couch. He agreed to stay with me for the day to 'ensure I would stay home to rest.' The other student had his right arm around me as I lied against him, keeping his left hand interlocked with my fingers on top of his chest.

"So what happens if I make my Meisters?" I asked the boy as he looked down at me gently. "Will I still be expected to go to the classes?"

Yukio shook his head with a soft smile. "No, there would be no point. Obviously, you will still have to attend your regular classes, but you can do what you want with your time between those classes or after."

"It's kind of weird," I admitted, "That I won't have as many classes, I would only be in school for four hours or so before I'm done."

"You can always apply to be a teacher's aid or a student teacher for one of the Cram School teachers. I think Todo is really looking for an aid. I know I wouldn't mind having someone around to help."

"Help around with what?" I cocked an eyebrow suggestively. Yukio shook his head with a small smile and a chuckle.

"Teaching and proctoring tests," he flicked my forehead gently, making me laugh.