Dinner part 1

School surely is a pain.

You walked into your house, it was silent. Like it always is. You toss your backpack to the ground and go to the kitchen. You opened the fridge and grabbed the yogurt. You turned your head to the sound of the door opening your parents walked through in deep conversation. They paused and looked at you.

"Go find something nice to wear, we're going out to dinner with my boss and he has a kid about your age, so you won't be bored." your mother said, you nodded and turned around, "What's that on your arm?" She asked you paused,

"I hit the door frame when I went out of my classroom," you said, not turning around. For a second there was silence.

"Alright, go and find something." She said then turned back to my father and continued their conversation. you sigh then go upstairs to your room. You quietly close the door and go to your closet. You look at your wardrobe and find nothing "fancy" as your mother had put it. You try and look deeper into the clothes and then you spy something. A bag over a piece of clothing, you tilt your head, then pull it out. You go over to your bed and lay it down perfectly. then the hit of realization hit you, you knew what the under the bag. It was an unused prom dress. Your face fell as you gently pulled the dress from the bag. It was a white dress with roses along the sides, it had a poof shirt. When you bought it you thought you were gonna wear it the day of prom, the most important day of a high schooler's life. But your date bailed on you and went with someone else, so you shoved the dress to the back of your closet not caring if you ruined.

"Guess there's another use for it." You say to yourself as you look it over, you go back to your closet and pull out your shoe box. You open it and pull out your black flats. You go back to your bed and place the shoes next to the dress.
You go back downstairs and grab the yogurt you forgot on the counter. You were about to head back upstairs, but your mother's voice stopped you.

"Should we really let her attend with us?" She asked who you assumed was your father. "She's so antisocial." She said,

"I know." he said, "but he wanted to meet her, and he's bringing his son with him and plus we already told him we were bringing her." You shrink into the wall.

"There isn't a point if she won't even talk." your mother said,

"We're bringing her." Your father fought. "End of this conversation." There was a pause then you turned the corner and they were both looking at you with wide eyes.

"Y/N." Your mother said surprised. "How long were you standing there?"

"The entire time." You say harshly. "Glad to know I'm wanted." You say, then walk up the stairs leaving both your parents speechless. You slam your door as hard as you possibly can. You look at your dress for a long time and think. But of what? What could you possibly be thinking of? You take a deep breath and try not to freak out. You hear a knock at your door.

"Honey?" Your father said. "can I come in?" He asked, you turn around and face the door. "Please?" He asks. You clasp your hands together.

"Fine." You say. He opens the door slowly and peaks in. You look at the ground, to embarrassed to meet his gaze. "Do you not want me as your daughter?" You asked. He closes the door swiftly and walks up to me then grabs my shoulders gently,

"No no," he says. "You're the best daughter." you push his hand off your shoulder.

"That's not what you said to the mother." You say coldly. He looks at the ground. you sigh "am I going tonight or not?" You asked. he looks up at you and nods.

"We would like if you do." He says, "So will our boss."

"Fine, I will." You say, "but I can't promise anything special."  He smiles and nods his head.

"Of course, not looking for anything special," He says, you smile a little smile, then he leaves you with your thoughts.
You take your phone out of your pocket and dial Juvia's number. She answered the phone before it even had time to ring

"What's up?" She says you hesitate for a second.

"I have to go to dinner with my family tonight to meet their boss." You say, Juvia screeched.

"There is only one reason why the boss wants you to come." She started, "The boss has a child doesn't he?" She asked you laughed.

"You got me." You say. "He does."

"So?" she pushes. "boy or girl?"

"Well, my mother said son so I'm assuming a boy." You say, she screeches again.

"Get in there girl!" She says. "Go for it, make a friend."

"I'm not good with that stuff and you know I'm not." You whine. She sighs

"Just do it. Trust me you will not regret it." She says you bite your lip and nod to yourself.

"Ok fine, i'll try my best, but I can't promise anything." You warn she giggles.

"Not looking for anything special." She says then hangs up. your mouth fell open, she said exactly what your father said.

"Hurry up Y/N!" Your mother shouts. "We have a long way to drive, we're leaving in five minutes!" You quickly take your school uniform off and try your best to put your dress on without ruining it. You slip your shoes on then grab your phone and ran to the bathroom. You put your hair up in a messy bun, brush your teeth, and put perfume on. Then head downstairs. "Took you long enough." Your mother says as she slips her shoes on. Your face clouded as you walked out the door.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
The fact that this was 3 pages on Google docs with just an 11 font.

Long again. It was suppose to be longer but I decided to put it in parts to make all of our lives easier.
Hope you get part 2 up soon ✌