When Death Does Us Part Pt2

"Juvia Lockster was found dead a few hours ago." The Police officer said. I dropped my note.
"What?" I asked this has to be a joke right?
"We got a call from her mother. She was in the backyard under the tree with this note. It says on the back to give it to Y/N L/N." I began shaking.
"Was it suicide?" I asked him,
"There was no sign of it," he replied, I took in a shaken breath. Natsu came over and grabbed my shoulders.
"What was the cause of death?" Natsu asked the police officer looked at him.
"Suffocation," he replied, I closed my eyes and took in another breath. No, this wasn't happening. This can't be happening. Not now, not ever. She may have pissed me off, but not this much to kill herself.
"Now, we need to ask you a few questions Ms. L/N.," the other officer asked, I opened my eyes and looked at him startled, a few tears ran down my cheek.
"Ask me what?" I asked, "you told me my friend died and now you want to ask me questions?" he raised his hand in a soft matter.
"We just need to know why your name is on the envelope," he said,
"I don't know." I said, "she could have written it to so many other people. I don't know why she wrote it to me." I was telling the truth, we just had a fight. I got her kicked out of school.
"Alright, that's all we needed to know." he said, "have a good rest of your day." they walked away. I closed the door, then picked the envelope off the floor. I went to the couch and sat down. Natsu sat down next to me.
"It has to be a joke right?" I asked him as I stared at the envelope,
"I don't know Y/N, I have no idea," he replied quietly. I took in a breath, then opened the envelope carefully. It was a handwritten letter. I wiped my face, then slowly unfolded it. I looked at it carefully, then read it:

Dear Y/N,
         I'm not sure how I'm supposed to write a suicide letter, but I wanted to write it to you. Why? well because you are my friends, and despite everything I have done and said, I wanted to apologize. I know I was a horrible person to you, I didn't want to do it, but my family pushed me to my limits. I couldn't go on any longer, in school or life in general. After I got kicked out of school, my parents and I had a fight, I got pissed and they told me to kill myself, so that's what I did. I put a rag in my mouth so I couldn't breathe, then I plugged my nose. I'm not sure if it worked, or if I'm just passed out for awhile. But I hope it works. I think it's better off this way, me gone from everyone lives. I always thought people who killed themselves were selfish, but I guess I'm just as selfish as them huh? I guess it doesn't matter now that I'm gone. Please believe me when I say I didn't mean anything I said. You really are my best friend, and I love you.

More tears had run down my face as I read the letter. "Goddamnit!" I screamed, then chuckled the letter, it fluttered to the ground. I brought my shaking hands to my face. "why Juvia! why!" I screamed. Natsu brought me into a hug. "she didn't have to do it Natsu, she didn't have to do it!" I cried harder. I shouldn't be crying as hard as I was for her. She was such a bitch to me. But somewhere in my heart, I'm forgiving her, I have to. "she didn't need to do that." I closed my eyes, then shook my head. "the officer had the balls to tell me to have a good day."
"For all we know, she could be alive, I'm assuming she's in the hospital right now. If she failed to kill herself, then she should be alright, in pain, but alright." I took in a breath.
"I need to give this note to her mother," I said, then stood up and wiped my face. "come on," I hadn't taken my shoes off, so I picked the note up, then looked at Natsu. He stood up, then nodded.

We went straight there running two red lights, but we got there. I sat in the car as we parked in they're a driveway. Natsu grabbed my hand and squeezed it, I looked at him, then nodded. I let his hand go, then got out of the car. I went straight to the door. I hesitated, but I knocked gently on the door. It took awhile but the door opened, Juvia's mother looked at me.
"Can I help you Y/N?" she asked, her tone of voice was a little hard. I tried to brush it off as I handed her the note.
"Juvia gave it to me, but I thought maybe you should read it," I said, maybe it was a mistake. Juvia bashed her parents in this letter. Maybe they'll see they caused her to go.
Her mother looked at the envelope, then took it slowly. "she gave this to you? after everything you have done?" she asked. I was shocked. What did Juvia tell her mother exactly?
"Um, I guess," I said, she looked up at me, her face softened, she must have realized I was crying.
"Thank you," she said, then closed the door without another word. I stood there for a minute, then turned and went back to the car. I slowly climbed in, then shut the door.
"How'd it go?" he asked, I shrugged.
"I-I don't know," I said, and I wasn't sure if it went well. She seemed mad at first, but then she seemed relaxed. "let's just go. I need to call my father."
"Alright," he said slowly, then started the car, and we headed back.
As we drove I got a text from Lucy

Lucy: Did you hear about Juvia?
Me: Yeah, the police came to my house personally... how'd you find out?
Lucy: I had the police come to my house too. They gave me a letter, I have to admit I started crying. After everything that happened, I actually miss her.
Me: I feel like it was my fault

I typed, then waited for her response. I waited and waited, but she didn't text back. I sighed and put my phone on my lap.
We arrived home and I went straight to my room, Natsu stayed downstairs and watched me slump to my room. I quickly dialed my father's number. It took a few rings, but he answered.
"Hello?" he asked,
"Dad." I chocked on my words before I could get a sentence out, I began crying again, "the police came over awhile ago." he could sense I was crying.
"Why?" He asked worriedly, "what happened?"
"She gone dad, she's gone." I cried,
"Who? Who's gone Y/N?" he asked, now he sounded worried,
"Juvia." I replied, there was silence on the other side of the line, "the police came over to give me a letter they found next to her lifeless body. She's gone." I repeated
"I'm sorry Y/N," he said softly, "I didn't think things would get out of hand like this."
"I didn't either," I said. I covered my eyes with my hands, then took in a breath. "I don't know what to do, I'm lost, I'm empty. I-" I stopped, unsure what to say. I shook my head, then dropped my hand on my lap. I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling.
"Just cool off, you're going to need time. I'll call you off of school tomorrow. Natsu as well, you need all the support you can get. You'll be alright, just breathe and stay calm. Did you send your regards to her mother?"
"Yeah."  I answered, "I did."
"That's good. Now, just go by Natsu and talk to him, he knows more about this then I do, obviously. Just stay strong alright?"
"Alright." I said, then hung up after adding a quick "love you."
I stared at my phone screen, my reflection stared back, empty. I was being useless. I need to do something. I need to know where Juvia was. Was she in the hospital? Was she officially dead?
I set my phone down, then brought my knees to my chest then placed my head on my arms. I began crying again, I haven't cried this hard since my grandma died. I guess I was crying loudly because Natsu and Happy came into my room and sat down next to me. He put his arm around my shoulders then pulled me in, so I was resting on his shoulder.
"It's going to be alright," he said softly, his lips were warm on the top of my head. "what'd your father say?"
"He asked me if I sent regards to her mother, I said yes. He told me everything was going to be alright. But I don't think he realizes how bad this is." I shook my head, then closed my eyes. "I just wished this was a dream. I wish I would wake up and this wouldn't be a reality."
My phone rang. I looked at it, it was sitting on the coffee table. I didn't want to answer it, but a part of my told me too. I got up and grabbed it. It was Lucy. I answered.
"You need to get to the hospital right now," she said,
"Wait, why?" I asked I think I knew, but I needed to be sure,
"Just hurry!" she said, then hung up. I looked at my phone for a few seconds, then looked at Natsu.
"We need to get to the hospital."
       ¥¥¥
I did a really weird part. I kind of put the spoiler before the chapter...hmm, well, too late now