A Night With A Boy Pt 4

She stood on her tip toes and leaned into me. Before she was within kissing distance she hugged me. Her face grew warm, I could feel it through my shirt. I knew what her intentions were. I can admit I was a little red-faced myself.
"Thank you," she said,
"For what?" I asked,
"For being there, for always being there." She said. she gripped my shirt tighter. "thank you for always being there." she added.
"Of course," I whispered into her ear. She looked up at me and smiled. Lucy and Gray danced their way towards us.
"Switch partners!" Lucy said and grabbed me. Gray grabbed Y/N. "So." She said I looked at her.
"What?" I asked she looked at me like I was stupid.
"Don't play stupid with me." She started, "I saw what almost just happened."
"I don't know what you mean," I said, she grabbed me and pulled me closer.
"Do not hide your feelings from her." She whispered, "Do not tease her, and do not lie to her or yourself. . . . You like her, I can tell." She pushed me away and looked seriously at me. "Tell her that."
"I-I can't." I said, "not now."
"And why is that?" She asked, should I tell her about the staying with her thing? I thought,
"Because our parents are on a business trip and I have to stay at her place for two weeks," I said all in one breath. She looked at me for a second, then started laughing.
"Are you serious?" She asked I nodded. She stopped laughing. "Then that's a good reason to tell her."
"Are you crazy?" I asked, "It's gonna be extremely awkward."
"It's going to be an awkward school year if you don't tell her." She said, then we both looked at her, she was talking with Gray. Lucy looked at me. "How do you actually feel about her?" She asked I looked down at her. I didn't know what to say. If I said the wrong thing, it would offend Lucy and Y/N.
"I don't know," I said, she smiled at me. "Why are you smiling at me?" I asked.
"No reason." She said, Then let me go and walked back over to Gray. She spoke words to Y/N, then pushed her over here. Y/N fidgeted with the bottom of her shirt as she walked back over to me.
"Partner switch." She said I laughed.
"I noticed when she walked away." I said, "Are Lucy and Gray, a thing now?"
"I don't know." She said and looked back at them. I looked at them too. They were close. "It kinda looks like they are though." She said with a laugh.
"Yeah," I said and looked at my watch, it was at least eleven. "Holy crap," I said, she looked back at me.
"What is it?" She asked,
"It's almost midnight," I said, She took her phone out and looked at the time.
"Holy crap, you're right." She looked at me and laughed. "It seemed earlier than I guess it is."
"Do you wanna head out?" I asked she nodded.
"It may only be Friday, but I'm not a night owl," she said with a little laugh.
"Come on, let's tell the other two," I said, we went over and informed them we were leaving. Lucy pulled me aside.
"Remember what I said." She said, then said goodbye to us both.

On our way to her house, I kept rethinking things. I know I should tell her about how I feel. But I'm afraid it'll change things between us. That's the thing about falling for your best friend. You don't know how they will react or how that will ruin the way they look at you.
"Hey Natsu, are you alright?" Y/N asked, "You've been extremely quiet."
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." I lied.
"Alright." She said, "I can set you up with your room when we get back to my place." She said, "Just don't trash it."
"I can't promise anything." I teased. Then it went silent. It was strange. Usually, we couldn't stop talking to each other. "I. um I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable tonight," I said. She looked at me.
"You didn't." She said, "What would make you think that?" she asked. I shrugged.
"When we were dancing, you pushed me away when Lucy looked at you." I heard her suck in a breath. "Did I?" I asked.
"No." She said, "It wasn't you who made me uncomfortable. It was the look Lucy gave me. it made me think I was doing something wrong." She said.
"You weren't," I said.

When we made it back to her house. We both got out. I locked my car and we walked up to her house. As she put the key in, she stopped.
"You ok?" I asked She nodded. Then turned around. She grabbed my collar of my shirt and pulled me in.
                          ♡♡♡
I love leaving mean cliff hangers ✌. This will be my last chapter for tonight. But I will try and get one up tomorrow.