yellow eyes

you woke up early in the morning. two am to be exact. you walked out to the kitchen and began to make coffee, knowing you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep again. you grabbed a mug and started the coffee machine.

"who are you?" a gruff voice asked. you jumped as you turned around.

"jesus christ!" you screamed, dropping and shattering the cup, the porcelain pieces dancing on the floor.

"who are you?" the man in trench coat asked again. sam ran into the kitchen, gun in hand.

"what's-" he stopped and glanced at the man, dropping his weapon to his side. he sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"what the hell is going on?" you asked, turning to sam and then back to man.

"my name is castiel; i'm an angel of the lord."

"you- you're cas?" you asked. your eyebrows were harshly pressed together. you all stood in a moment of silence, you observing the man, the man observing you, and sam starring at the both of you. "i mean- uh, it's an honor." you held out your hand for him to shake. he glanced down and then looked up to sam. you pressed your lips together and gave out a heavy sigh, letting your hand fall to your waist.

"sam, who is this?" he asked.

"oh, i'm y/n." you interjected.

"what are you doing here?" cas asked you.

"cas, what are you doing here?" sam said.

"azazel. he's back."