silent screaming

"sweetheart," the voice is familiar, but so sinister that your skin squirms. you just can't recognize it, you can't put a name to his growl. everything is dark. so dark, it's impossible to imagine even the slightest ray of sunshine sneaking in. it smells like dust and dried blood. it takes the pain of his blade to know where you are. before you can help yourself, you let out a scream, which only results in another stab, but this time, it's your cheek. he begins flaying your skin. you can't see him, you can't even see your own blood pouring out of your flesh. the smell, the pain, and the sight, or rather, lack thereof, is too much. you scream until everything fades away, your voice is shattered, and the pain becomes unmanageable... 

you wake up, shaking in fear. flashbacks of adam consume your mind, your body wriggling away from his blade. you succumb to the memories, letting out a pleading scream as your hands go to your head, reaching for your hair. first strands, then chunks fall out as you screech, tearing it away. the pain only adds, and you simply cannot focus. your breath gets too heavy, your chest bobbing as you hyperventilate. you can't hear anything except for your own screams. you see the door open, the winchesters standing early on the other side. right before you black out, you swear you see adam smiling behind sam's back.