cynical

your head lay gently on sam's chest, your eyes slowly opening. eventually, your eyes adjusted. you were in the back of the impala, with sam. his arm was wrapped around you, blood staining his chin. he was fast alseep, his head laying on the side of the car. you looked up to see dean, his eyes fixated on the road. his left hand tightly gripping the steering wheel.

"hi." you murmured. he glanced back to you.

"how you doin', kiddo?" he asked you.

"will... is..." you looked to sam, "will he be alright?" dean scoffed.

"it took... it took all we had to patch him up last time. this time? it won't be as easy..."

"won't he need a detox? to get it out of his-"

"it's yellow eyes, y/n. adam wouldn't have done all this if we could fix it that easy." you sighed.

"so... what are we going to do?"

"i don't know." dean turned around to look at you, his eyebrows pressed firmly together, his green eyes glistening like emeralds in the moonlight. you pressed your lips together. what have you done? you asked yourself as dean turned away. a heavy pit fell to your stomach. this is all your fault. this is all your fault. this is all your fault. the phrase repeated itself in your head, flooding your every thought. you looked up to sam, his eyes fluttered shut and his brown hair gently glowing in the moonlight... he looked young. innocent, even. but you knew that because of you... he'd never be the same. ever.