rough love

it's hard to focus on anything. you expect the door to slam behind him, but instead it softly closes. you choke on your tears, feeling disgusting, yet surprisingly numb. you hear dean and sam argue from outside, then feet stomping away. your door creaks open. 

"hey kiddo." dean mumbles. you turn your back so he can't see your face. your bed succumbs to his weight as he sits down. "what happened?"

"i-" you begin, but stop yourself. "it's not his fault." 

"well, it certainly wasn't yours." he retorts. you scoff, but it turns into tears. "hey..." he whispers, putting his hand on your back, wrapping you into his arms.

"why is everything so-" you hesitate. "sucky." you spit. he chuckles. 

"sucky?" he asks, mimicking your tone. you allow a smile to fall upon your lips. 

"s-sucky." your voice is raw, and the constant sniffles make it hard to say anything as you gasp for air. he gently kisses your forehead- a gesture you choose not to over-analyze. you lean yourself into him, knowing his strong body will gladly take your weight. 

"y- y/n?" he stumbles through your name. 

"yeah?" your voice is teasing, but still rough from the tears. a moment of silence falls between you, and he doesn't speak. "dean?"

"it's nothing." you close your eyes, your head on his chest. "nothing at all."