not quite thaumaturgy

"what's the matter?" the knife presses deeper into sam's neck. "cat got your tongue?" you feel your eyes begin to water, but press your nails deeply into your palm to refrain from crying. you must stay strong. 

"let him go, adam." he scoffs in response. "let. him. go." you repeat yourself once again, spitting out each syllable, your eye brows pressing roughly together. you try to stay strong, but your knees begin to shake. he hasn't caught onto your fear yet, so you continue to wear a brave face.

"why should i?" he asks. it's now your turn to scoff. 

"let him go, or else."

"or else what?" you take a deep breath, harshly biting the inside of your cheek. here goes nothing, you think.  

"non faccio bollire questi capelli-"

"you've been learning witch craft i see..." adam laughs.

"ma faccio bollire questa robba,"

"you're not afraid of saying it wrong, and hurting poor little sammy? 

"unita a l'anima e it cuore-"

"y-you're saying it wrong. you better stop." adam sounds desperate as his hands begin shaking.

"di quello che non possa più vivere, e non possa."

"you don't know what you're-" his words are interrupted as he lets go of sam and begins to cough up blood. 

"più stare, in mezzo alle strege." sam looks shocked as you continue with your incantation, standing free of adam, yet utterly still. 

"tu ti debbi sempre trovare." adam chokes once more before disappearing in a wave of black smoke, his body taken along with him. you smirk at sam, and manage to raise one eyebrow before passing out.