miserable at best

"are you... are you sure?" sam asked cas.

"yes." you looked at the both of them,

"azazel, as in yellow eyes, kill your mother and girlfriend?"

"yes." castiel responded. 

"sorry man." you awkwardly told sam. he sighed.

"i'm- i'm going back to bed." he said, stumbling out of the kitchen. you took a seat at the kitchen table.

"what do you think will happen to the boys?" you asked cas.

"something macabre. if i were to guess, demon blood."

"demon blood?" you raised one of your eyebrows and frowned. "what has demon blood have to do with anything?"

"it has to do with everything." dean groaned as he walked in. "see, sammy was addicted to the stuff 'cause of azazel. but, god... or chuck, or who ever, healed him of his dependence of it after the sixty six seals were broken. but then when he said yes to lucifer, he became addicted again. drinking it by the gallon." dean sighed, taking a seat across from you. "but after he escaped the cage, he stayed off it for a while. that is, until some asshat, famine, came. but since then, it hasn't been an issue."

"that wasn't in the books." you mumbled. dean stretched his neck.

"like hell it wasn't." you placed your face in your hands. you know you had no right to, but you couldn't control it. tears gently streamed, then poured out of your eyes. your shoulders shook as dean walked over to you and placed his hands softly on your arms. these boys who hardly knew you showed you so much love, yet the world granted them nothing in return. it just... wasn't fair. but, it seems as if nothing is.