i don't love you

sam slams his hand on the table,

"how long have you known?" he screams, his voice trembling.

"sam..." dean begins to say, trying to calm his brother.

"no, i want to know. how long has she fucking been gone?" cas paused, his face afraid and ashamed. they stood in a moment of tense silence.

"i checked on her... the night after you left. she... wasn't there."

"so, what? she left?" dean asked. "i thought we had that place secure." cas looked to the ground. before he had time to respond, sam walked closer to him.

"what do you know?" he asked. cas looked up at him, but then back down, nervous to say anything. "what the hell do you know?" he yelled, his shaky voice raising.

"she was taken. there was blood... her blood." sam's face turned pale. his hazel eyes filled with salty tears. his shoulders got tense, his whole body filled with an inhumane anger. before anyone could stop him, he grabbed his coat and dean's keys before rushing out the door.

back to you...

you stare at adam, who's infatuated with his knife. he twirls it gently on his finger tip, smiling as his skin releases small drops of blood under the pressure.

"the cage must've been pretty great..." you begin. "because all you've done so far is stab me." adam chuckled.

"answer me this," he walks over to you, placing his hands on the handle of arm rests. "do you love sam?" you can feel the heat of his breath and the smell of his sweat as he spits in your face.

"what's it to you?" adam gets up and walks back over to the chair of his own, smirking.

"he doesn't love you." you roll your eyes, as if he knows anything about your relationship with sam.

"why's that?"

"if he loved you, don't you think he'd be here already?" you look down, racking your brain for snarky comments and wittiness. nothing comes up. the only thing ringing in your head is the repeated phrase, "he doesn't love you." and for some odd reason, you begin to believe it.