perfect

sam and dean came back home at eight thirty. sam trotted in with arms full with to go bags. the smell of burgers and french fries flooded the bunker. you sat in the living room, reading. you look up to see the boys coming down the stairs.

"you're back!" you excitedly yell. you run up the stairs and greet dean with a big hug. his arms wrap around you, and you can tell he's grinning ear to ear just like you. you run over to sam. you wrap your arms around his torso, and he awkwardly pats your back, his arms filled with take out. you stand on your toes to gently kiss his lips. you run back the stairs, eager to eat. sam pulls out the food, handing you a veggie burger, dean a bacon cheese burger, and taking a ceaser salad out for himself. dean dumps the bag, the packaged condiments and french fries falling onto the table. dean grabbed the majority, pushing the final stray fries to you.

"thanks." you said sarcastically. as he took a bite into his burger, you grabbed a fist full of his fries and stuffed them into your mouth.

"hey! give them back!" dean exclaimed. you opened your mouth, filled with half chewed fries and stuck out your tongue. dean cringed as he continued to eat his burger, while sam lightly chuckled, eating a fork full of his salad. you began to devour your burger, infatuated with the flavor. everything seems so... easy. so perfect. and so happy. for the first time since gabe and your mom died, the empty pit of darkness eating away at you disappears. everything is just... perfect.