later

you groan and take another gulp of whiskey down as sam carefully puts in the final stitch. 

"there we go." he says with a smile, turning to you. "all done." you give him a forced smile as you pass him the gauze to wrap your foot up. 

"sam?" you ask. 

"yeah?" you pause, carefully choosing your words. whatever you say next needs to be perfectly selected. sex. sex. you want to talk about sex. okay. but... what to say? i'm sorry i don't want to have sex? i'm sorry i'm not ready yet? part of you wants to tuck it away in a box and never speak of it again, but the other part of you... the other part can't wait any longer. you bite your lower lip, pulling your foot back and he completes the makeshift cast. 

"y/n, what is it?" he says, creeping closer to you. you put your hand on his cheek, feeling his rough stubble. your thumb grazes his jaw line; he closes his eyes and leans into your palm. he opens his mouth to say something, but you stop it with a kiss. he rolls over on top of you, grabbing your hands and slamming them together above your head. he kisses you roughly, entrapping your tongue in yours. slowly, he moves down your neck, nipping slowly, kissing, and sucking as he goes. you moan. he rips of your shirt, his hands reaching around and cupping your breasts. he gently sucks on your left nipple. you moan, throwing back your head. he plants soft kisses on your stomach, moving down to your pants. your hips involuntarily move to meet his pelvis. 

"stop... stop." you whisper. "stop!" he pulls back. 

"i- i'm sorry, i thought..." he stutters. you grab your shirt and pull it over your head. 

"i've got to... i've..." you rack your brain for an excuse. you begin to leave the room. 

"y/n, wait!" sam says. you turn, tears filling your eyes. "let's... let's talk about this. okay?" his eyebrows press firmly together. 

"can we... talk about it later?" sam gets up and walks over to you. 

"we won't talk about it later... and you know that." you turn to him. 

"later." you whisper as you walk out, slamming the door behind you.