blood and bones

"dean grazed over the pages of his father's journal. they were roughed, and stained by old coffee, but he kept reading nonetheless. the ink was dripping, and rubbed off due to his father's poor writing abilities, yet it was perfectly legible to him. he searched for the words that he knew he could find. reading from his father's hand, he murmured to himself: a crossroad demon can be summoned by digging a hole in the dead center of a set of crossroads and burying a box containing a picture of the mortal wishing to make the deal, some graveyard dirt, and a bone from a black cat." -carver edlund, route 666, page 94. 

you know what makes sam happy. that's easy. 

you know who makes sam happy. evidently, that's less easy. perhaps it's because she's dead, but for the winchesters, death is merely a slight bump in the road. fortunately, you've got a thing or two up your sleeve. perhaps the few months you've spent with the winchester's have taught you the necessary skills to complete this task, but you still reflect upon carver edlund's books. this isn't something you can screw up on, and certainly not something you can ask for help on. the hardest part of selling your soul has got to be getting a cat's bone... you thought. where the hell am i supposed to get that? 

for the first time in days, you left your room. leaving the safety. leaving the peace. and like that, you snuck into dean's room, knowing he was out for a grocery run. you began to search the drawers for something- anything- that would help you on your impossible mission. 

"y-y/n?" you turn around to see sam in the doorway, a knife to his throat.