love

the heavy bass of pour some sugar on me blasts through the speakers of sam's computer, which he graciously left behind for your entertainment. you scream sing along to the lyrics, mimicking an air guitar. behind you, you hear a flutter of wings. you smile as you turn around, greeting cas with a smile. you grab his hands and start to dance.

"y/n, what are you doing?" he asks, his eyes looking back and forth looking for an escape. "where's sam and dean?"

"on a hunt!" you yell over the music. "you're stuck with me, cassie!" you laugh, making him dance around with you. his eyebrows are pressed together, but you can tell he's suppressing a smile. the song ends with a loud bang as you two fall to the floor. he calmly sits down while you awkwardly stumble to the floor, smiling from ear to ear. you sit up and take cas' hands in your own.

"so, girl talk." you say with a grin.

"we are already talking, and my vessel is not female." you playfully scowl at him. you're happy, and feeling rather childish. you make a mental note you're about to gossip with an angel, remembering to put that on future job resumes.

"so, who do you have a crush on?" you cringe as the words fall out of your mouth, feeling like you're back in sixth grade. you dismiss the happy thoughts of late night sleep overs with your friends, as you'd accessorize your younger brother in your mother's jewelry and cheap makeup. cas tilted his head to the side, trying to comprehend what you were going on about.

"you totally like dean."

"i like both the winchesters. i love them- they're my family." he exclaims flatly. you roll your eyes, letting go of his hands and gesturing to the sky.

"no, but like... you really like dean." you say. explaining immature references and crushes to an angel is harder than you expected.

"i don't understand."

"like, you want to kiss him."

"dean and i have never been intimate." he says, straightening his back, putting his hands softly in his lap. you're both sitting criss crossed talking about crushes. you remind yourself he's as old as time and you're twenty four. but who the hell cares?

"but do you want to be?" cas' face turns crimson, his eyes widening. you lightly chuckle. "i won't tell." you assure him.

"yes... maybe..." he mumbles, putting his face in his hands, clearly flustered. you lightly laugh. your middle school self would be proud.

"i ship it!" you happily yell. he looks up from his hands, clearly questioning what you just said. "like... i want you two to like... be together?"

"by direct definition, a ship is a vessel larger than a boat for transporting people or goods by sea. why would you ship me and dean away? and to where?" you sigh and smile at his innocence and overall adorableness.

"i want you and dean to kiss."

"oh." he says quietly. he puts his face back in his hands, "me too." he whispers.