Thirteen

A/n enjoy!!

Days go by and I've been avoiding Shawn as much as possible.
It hurt dodging his calls, texts everything but I'm trying to save myself from heartbreak.
I can't go through that again.
I walk out of my office after a long day walking to my car excitedly. I have homemade macaroni and cheese waiting for me in the refrigerator calling my name.
I walk to my car and see Shawn leaning against it not looking very happy.
"Is this what you do? Huh? Lead guys on to assume something happened? Well you succeed. Meghan what the fuck went wrong?" He went from extremely angry to somewhat calm and desperate.
I shrug my shoulders and let out a sigh. "You did nothing wrong. Truly. Sweetest guy I've met, it's just-" I pause looking at Shawn waiting for me to finish. I feel his warm hand grab mine and squeeze it.
"Don't do that." I say pulling away, Shawn looking sad.
"If you do that, it makes me want more of you." I say low.
Shawn takes a step forward grabbing my hand tightly looking down at me making me look down but it only makes Shawn grab my chin making me look at him "I want more of you. You make me feel different. And I don't like different, but I like you."
My eyes slightly go wide at his words making me squeeze his hand. "Shawn, it's just." I say throwing both of our hands up in defeat.
"What are you so afraid of?" He asks and let's out a sigh "please trust me." He says making me look up at him
"I don't want, nor do I need to get hurt again. You probably don't know much about heart break but I do, and plenty of it." I say finally telling my fear.
"I've been through heart break. I know it sucks like ass." He says making me add a chuckle.
Shawn let's go of my hands making me feel lost and empty "okay, well I'll talk to you okay?" Shawn says walking back to his Jeep making me bite my lip debating if I should say anything or watch him leave.
"Do you like macaroni and cheese?" I shout closing my eyes tightly hoping he doesn't say no.
"What?" He asks with a chuckle.
"Mac and cheese, ya know the childhood stuff?  I made some extra homemade and- wanna come over?" I ask desperately
"I love Mac and cheese." He says with a smile.
I smile with him and get in my car with Shawn leaning on my door.
"I know where you live Meghan Kroh, don't disappear on me." He smiles grabbing my hand fiddling with my fingers.
I bite my bottom lip and look up at him through my lashes. "I promise I won't disappear." I say with a chuckle.
------
He stands outside in the blistering cold while I park my car in the parking garage.
"Hello Miss Kroh, how are you this evening?" The late night security guard asks me as I come through the garage entrance walking past the lobby desk.
"I'm good." I smile warmly at him opening the main door to let Shawn in.
"Ya know, you could have given me the garage code, instead of me freezing." He says with a chuckle kissing me on the cheek while entering the building.
"Yeah but what's the fun in that?" I say with a chuckle walking to the elevator, it immediately opening.
I press the number twenty, looking up seeing Shawn watching my every move.
"What?" I ask in confusion squinting my eyes.
"Nothing I'm just taking notes. Twentieth floor sounds creepy. You see that number in scary movies. You aren't going to kill me are you?" He says with a chuckle and cock my head to look at him.
"I never reveal my secrets." I say as the elevator doors open and I immediately walk to my apartment.
"2008 hmm" I hear Shawn say as I open my door and look behind him and laugh
"No it's twenty o eight. It's not like the yer 2008." I say opening the door as Shawn and I walk in.
"Wow." Shawn says walking in putting his hands in his jean pockets
"What? Sorry it's not as big and grand as yours?" I say taking out my leftovers and place it in the oven for it to warm up.
Usually I would heat it up in the microwave but since someone is over I decided to place it in the oven, so he didn't think I never cook.
"No, no it's cozy. And nice. I like it." He says with a chuckle coming behind me holding my waist.
"I like your place." He whispers in my ear making me have goosebumps crawl down my back.
I turn around looking at Shawn placing my hand on his chest, just feeling his covered chest I know he's very fit.
A smile creeps on my face making me blush, making me hide my face in his chest.
His lips go close to mine making me close my eyes.
"I will never hurt you. I like you too much." Shawn says in a whisper. My mouth goes open as his lips roam my neck, but not kissing me. Just his hit breathe radiating off of my skin.

Just as his lips touch mine the oven beeps indicating the food is ready.
I jump slightly causing Shawn to smile
"Food is ready." I say causing Shawn to reach over my shoulder pressing the off button.
"Food can wait. Have been wanting to do this since we got in." He says hovering over my lips causing me to be impatient.
"What are you waiting for?" I ask in a shaky breathe.
"For. The. Perfect. Moment." He says each word becoming closer and closer to my face.
My hands go around his neck painfully waiting for him to attach his lips to mine.
He picks me up rather quickly placing me on the counter top kissing me over and over again.
"I will do whatever it takes for you not to realize I'm not other guys." He says breaking the kiss making me sad of the loss of contact.
"Less talking. More kissing." I say with a cocky smile making Shawn smile wide kissing me again.
--feedback is greatly appreciated ❤❤