Chapter 14

POV Helena

What the hell does that bloody man think? Does he think that with a stupid kiss he would change everything? Oh, but it felt so good. Concentrate, Helena! Damn, he still has that power over me and uses it to his advantage. Damn Johnny.

I heard the steps go up the stairs and then I heard the door of Adri's room being touched and minutes later I heard it open. I got up from the bed to listen behind the door. I know Johnny and I know he is not good at telling things, he always omits important things. I stuck my ear to the door to listen. At first, there was only crying from her and I guess Johnny is hugging her

- Well, tell me. What's wrong? ... Why do not you accept Edward?

"That's Johnny, straight to the point"

- Given, it happens that a few months ago I realized something very strong about that man. Edward is a liar and he is only using my mother ...

"Wait, wait ... What, how can she say that ?!"
"Because she can," answered a voice in my head, I simply rolled my eyes and continued listening.

- Why do you say that? -Because Edward until 2 days ago is really single- I frowned in confusion.

"What the fuck?"

- What do you mean?

-I mean Edward was married. My mother was the other one.- I felt that my tears were about to come out of my eyes. "How can this be possible?

-But I myself have seen how he treats her. Also, answer How is it possible that Helena does not know?

- Because Edward's wife is from another country, has 2 children, both are children. He just wants mom for her money.- Does he has children? Oh God, none of this must be true

-But if he loves her

-No! He is a man, he is married and he lives far from his home, he comes to England, he meets a beautiful woman, single, with a large amount of money and vulnerable. This little theater brings it to you for a long time. His wife kept him she began to divorce him days before he met mom.

- How do you know this? and why did not you say it?

-I met one of his children at school a few months ago, he was an exchange student. We started talking, he has no friends in England and I was his confidant and he told me everything. Everything about his father, his family and he showed me a photo of Edward- he saw me again- I did not say it because he threatened me ...- he whispered.

- What?

- He told me that if she realized it was going to hurt her and that I was going to see everything - I gasped and after a few seconds I could not take it anymore so I cried and cried with all my strength. A few seconds later the door opened and quickly Johnny took me in his arms.

- Hush. You should not have heard anything ... not yet, much less like that - I buried my face in his chest and hugged him as if my life depended on it

- Mom? - I raised my eyes to see Adri in the eyes- Mum, I'm sorry- she sobbed- I did not know what to do and ... and ... I did not want something to happen to you. I'm sorry- I started to sob loudly, I let go of Johnny's embrace and I took my princess tightly in my arms.

- It's not your fault, love ... it's mine for not knowing how to choose men- I sobbed- I should have suspected something when he never wanted to present me with his parents, taking into account that they lived nearby. It's not your love, it's my fault and my desire to feel loved. I'm sorry

- Oh, mom. But I love you- I smiled sadly at that.

- I know, but I mean another kind of love. Someone who makes me feel protected, you do it of course. But I wanted another kind of love- I pressed her even harder to my body and she sobbed harder. He did not remember that Johnny was there until he spoke.

- Helena ...- I looked at his face- I ...- was silent for a few seconds- I've always been here, do not forget it. I have always been and always will. No matter what happens- Adri separated from me and Johnny took my hand- let me be close to you- placed his hands on my waist and I saw him approach his face to mine, I quickly turned my face to avoid the kiss- I do not want kissing you- he took my face in his hands- I just want ... no, I need to feel close to me- he placed his forehead against mine and I did not push him away. That gave me comfort and that's what I needed at that moment, I let my tears flow freely and I hugged Johnny tightly, as if my life depended on it.