Chapter 16

POV Helena 

A month passed and I still had not overcome the break with Edward. While I looked in the mirror I noticed that I lost weight considerably and had bags under my eyes, I was a total disaster. The most beautiful disaster, Johnny said. Edward often called me and tried to "fix" things with me, but I was not willing to do it, he had made me feel stupid and used. Johnny had tried the last few weeks to get me out of the room but it had been in vain. He always tried to convince me that I was beautiful, I always snorted at what he told me. He always said he would never leave me, I pretended not to hear him. He always reminded me that he also had a daughter and I could not leave her like that, I tried to explain that I knew but I just could not see her while I felt this way. And that's how it was every day, Johnny came and brought our breakfast (yes, he always had breakfast with me), then he tried to convince me to leave, I rejected him, he stayed an hour talking to me and then he left for lunch with Adri, I would wait for him to bring me lunch and force me to eat and finally dinner, rarely falling asleep in the room on the floor or in a chair that was near my bed.

Today was a different day, today I was finally going to face everything. I got up early so I could take a bath and get ready before I left. I went to the bathroom for my shower and I felt like the water relaxed me instantly, when I finished I wrapped myself in a towel and went directly to the closet to choose something to wear, I decided to put on a bag that I had loose a shirt with a collar "V " I dressed like that because I had planned a great day with my family.

I listened as someone knocked on the door, quickly sat on the edge of the bed to wait and said "Come on." The doorknob turned and revealed Johnny's figure with a tray.

-Hel, good morning- spoke with his head down- I know you must be tired of hearing the same thing, but ...

-I'll go out- I cut him quickly.

-Really, are you going to put aside your melancholic Self?

-Of course, I have already planned what we are going to do today. Bring Adri, yesterday he did not come to see me and I really need it -I said cheerfully.

- Are not you bipolar or something?

-And you're an idiot or something?

-You win

-I know, are you ready? - He took my arm and said: - I'm always ready.

-Then let's go- and after a long month I finally left my room.