Feeling replaced

The words were echoing inside my head 'I had expected better from you-you-you'.

'Angie! I am talking to you!'

'Yeah! I heard you!' I shouted back at him.

'I don't want you to use Pablo to make sure Violetta can hand in that assignment later. She has to learn from you. You are her tutor and aunt, I really didn't expect this from you. In real life you can also not delay things.'

Pffft, it was only this. I could set that right.

'I know I sounded rather unprofessional. But I thought that if I said that, she would stress less and come up with a song in time. Ofcourse I am not going to use Pablo. He won't let me though.'

'Okay, alright. But still, I don't like it. You need to have a good influence on her... and if you talk nonsense like this...'

'You are going to what? Fire me? Why German? Why are you suddenly threatening me? Why do you always see me as the bad guy?'

'I don't, I only want the best for my daughter.'

'You know as the best that I have a good influence on her. No, this is something else.... doesn't Esmeralda like me?'

'No, no, no, it is not that!'

'Yes, it is! So you are doing everything she wants you to do? Are you just replacing me?'

He didn't say a thing and just stared at me.

'Do you love her?' I whisper.

'No.'

'No or not yet?'

My eyes started to fill itself with tears and I had to do my best to hold them back. 

We were interrupted by Violetta.

'Angie, I am done with my homework, woooohooo!' She came in with a happy face doing some sort of dance. But she stopped when she saw that her dad was also in here, still staring at me. I looked at Violetta.

'Did I interrupted something?' Violetta stopped at stared at us, her eyes going from me to German, back to me.

'No.' I said and I walked with her out of my room, Leaving Germam behind.

I walked into Vilu's room. I went to her desk.

'Angie, are you alright? You look like you are about to cry. Did my dad say something.'

'Vilu...'

'Angie! Please! You look so unhappy the last months and I want to help you, just like you always help me.'

'Aahw sweetheart. You are already helping, just by showing that you care.'

'Ofcourse I care. You are the best Angie.' She smiled. I smiled back.

'So are you going to tell me what is going on?'

'It is nothing special. I don't want you to confront your dad about it, but he is always doubting if I have a good influence on you.'

'What? but you do! You absolutely have!'

'That is good to hear! Come on, I will check your homework now!'

I checked Vilu's homework and we chatted a bit. She told me about Leon, how happy she is that they are finally back together.

I was glad that she was happy. She said that she was going to sleep, and I left her room.

I first made some tea and took it upstairs. I was suprised seeing German sitting at my bed.

'German, what are you doing here?'

'I didn't feel like we were done talking.'

'I think we are, now can you please leave my room.'

'Angie, why would you care if I love Esmeralda. You are together with Pablo.'

'I only want the best for Violetta and... and I want her to be good for her. If she had only hurt Violetta, and you are married to her, I will take Violetta away from here. If she is only the same as Jade, you have no idea how Jade treated Violetta.'

German looked suprised. Luckily, I sounded convincing.

'You know what, it doesn't matter.' I stood up, left my room and went outside to the parc. He didn't call me name, so I didn't stop walking.

If he is happy, I am happy. I just don't want him to be happy with the wrong one. and I feel like Esmeralda isn't the one for him, not good for him. She is hiding something, she is acting. There is something about her, I don't trust it. I sat on the bench in the parc and thought and thought and thought. How will he react if I say that I love him? I stood up with tears streaming down my face. It was midnight and I should go home.

I walked in from the kitchen's entrance, Esmeralda was standing there like she was waiting for me.

'Is there something wrong?' I said.

'I know you feel replaced, but I love German and I know that he loves me, so you better get him out of your head soon, because I don't want to hurt you. And if you can't, you better leave as soon as possible, for your own good.' and she walked away.