The same mistake

The door was closed.

'Angie...' Violetta started.

'What happened?'

'I was thinking about you and dad and I didn't pay attention. The driver didn't see me in time. But it all makes sense to me now. Owh Angie I am so sorry. What you and dad shared was really magical, I guess... maybe he isn't over you but does he feel like he can't be with you because of mom, so he is trying Esmeralda to get over you... but Esmeralda makes him smile, and you also can make him smile. And I always only thought that you werethe only one being able to put a smile on his face. But she is also able to do it... and I am sorry to have to say this but maybe what you shared wasn't that special at all. '

'I don't know, Vilu. That is why I had to leave, I am sorry. I couldn't stamd it anymore. I needed time to think. I love him so much.'

Violetta had tears in her eyes.

'You really do love him.'

'Yes.'

'Are you going to tell him?'

'No. I really have to go now. I love you, sweety. I will be there when you wake up tomorrow. I promise.'

'I love you, Angie.'

I walked out of the room and German and Esmeralda were standing close to each other. You could see that they had been talking about me.

'You can see her now.'

'Angie..'

'No, German.'

'I have the right to know what happened.'

'Yes you do.'

I walked straight to the elevators not saying anything or looking back. I heard German saying Esmeralda that she should go in and that he would be right back. I walked as fast as I could, but before the elevator doors could close, German put his foot between it. I sighed.

'What do you want from me, German?'

'I want to know what happened to my daughter.'

'She was worried about me and she didn't pay attention.'

'Why? Is there something wrong with you?'

'Why would you care? You don't give a damn shit about me anymore, German. Why would I say to you what bothers me? So you can use it against me, hurt me even more... you don't take me serious anyway.'

'You are exaggerating things.'

'Yeah sure, exactly what I thought you were to say.' the elevator stopped, I slipped by him and ran. He didn't stop me. I wanted to disappear. I didn't want to go home. I needed some company, some support.

I called Pablo.

'With Jackie.'

'Oh hey Jackie! With Angie!' I was suprised to hear her voice and it made me even sadder... no company.

'What do you want? Pablo isn't here if you are calling for him.' She didn't say it sympathetically.

'Can you tell him that Violetta is in the hospital and that it is possible that I am a bit later tomorrow, if he could tell the students.. that if I am late I will be there in 5 minutes.'

'Yes I will tell him. Is Violetta alright?'

'Yeah she had a car accident and broke her leg but she will be fine.'

'That is all?'

'Yup, have a good evening.'

She hung up.

Were could I go? I wanted to be with him right now so badly.

I got texted, it was German.

'Angie, I am sorry about earlier. You have all the right to see your niece, maybe I was exaggerating things. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I know you will always be there for her, thank you.'

I cried, why is he able to not make the same mistake twice and I am? I should tell him, I should tell him. I didn't know what to answer, I was actually still a bit angry but I know that I couldn't stay mad at him for long.

'German. Thank you for saying that.'

I decided not say anything more. Not even a second after I sent it I got a text from Pablo.

'Just heard it from Jackie, make sure Violetta will be okay xxxxx'

'I will. We will catch up tomorrow morning xxxxxx'

After walking around Buenes Airos I went home reluctantly.

The next morning I went to see Violetta. I walked in her room seeing her sleepings. But she wasn't the only one. German was sitting in chair next to Violetta's bed also sleeping. His mouth was hanging open. I had to oppress a giggle so I smiled. I sat on Violetta's bed and touched her hand, watching how German slept. He looked so cute. That is why he sent me that text, he stayed with Violetta all night. I looked back at Violetta and smiled even bigger. I loved her. I turned my head again and stared, losing myself in my own daydream.

When he woke up, he catched me staring at him.

'Angie...'

'Goodmorning.'

'What are you doing here?'

'I promised Violetta to be there when she woke up.'

He smiled. This was first time I smiled again to me and we didn't fight. I smiled back at him and we both watched how Violetta slept. Not wanting to disturb to peace and to wake her up. It lasted about 30 minutes before she woke up.

'Dad! Your hair looks funny, it is so fussy.' I tried not to laugh. German saw that and I blushed.

'Angie! You kept your promise!'

'Ofcourse I did.'

We all smiled.

'Dad, were is Esmeralda? Did she stay at home?'

'Yeah, she is taking care of our house.' He smiled even bigger

The fact that he said our house made want to vomit.

'Violetta, I have to go! The studio is waiting for me, I will visit you during my lunch okay?'

'Yeah alright. Bye Angie. I love you!'

'Bye sweetheart!' German didn't say anything, he just stared at me as I left, with a face I didn't know the meaning of.

I waved her a hand kiss and went the Studio.

I was on time and walked to the teacher's lounge.

I only saw Pablo, we were to only one who had lessons this early on this day.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

'Goodmorning.'

Goodmorning... do you have to tell me something?'

'No... why?'

'You look happy.'

'For the first time in it seems like forever, German and I spended some time in the same room without fighting. That feels good.'

'That is great.. so tell me what happened with Violetta.'

'She found out that I still love her dad and she was thinking about it on her way home and didn't pay attention and got hit by a car.'

'Ouch... but she only has a broken leg.. so it is nothing comparing to what could have happened.'

'Nope. So now you tell me.... what about you and Jackie.'

'Yeah she decided to give it a try once more.'

'I am glad.' I smiled.

'Angie... I arranged someone for you.'

I looked at him with big eyes.