A kiss

Should I take my stuff and get out of here? It didn't matter where I go, German will always haunt me and Violetta would be sad. Would it make any difference getting out of here? I could at last try. I went upstairs. If I go, it would be the best to do it now and leave a note than that I hear Vilu's begging me to stay. If she begs... she has Esmeralda now, she likes her. I will always be her aunt, and if something wrong, I am sure she will tell me.

I went upstairs to my room, took out my clothes and the most important things  and put it in my bag. Now I have to write a note... or letter to German.

I started with 'Dear German... '

No, no, no.

Just German. Just. German. but he wasn't just German. He meant everything to me.

'German,

I know when you read this you already saw my room empty and wondered where I am, well if you mind where I am. I am moving in with Pablo, that is better for Pablo and me and that is better for me and you. If you like, I will come everyday a few hours to teach Violetta. I will hear from Violetta what you decide and think about that. Tell Violetta that I will never leave her side and that she will always see my in the Studio and that I will always be there for her. Thank you for everything...  and if anything happens between you and Esmeralda, I wish you guys the best. This is better for me.

Love, Angie.'

I put the note on German's desk in his office and looked at the picture of Violetta and Maria on his desk. I love them, but the longer I stay here, the more complicated it will be. I walked to the door, but before I could open it, someone from the outside opened it for me.

It was German.

'Angie omg. You left and I didn't hear you come back, so I went looking for you.'

He hugged me. It felt so right. He went looking for me. He went looking for me. No. He didn't do that for me, but for Violetta. To make sure I am alright, for her. He doesn't care.

'Why would you care where I am?' I said bitterly.

'Because - why are you holding luggage?'

'I am leaving, German. I am moving in with Pablo. I left a note on your desk. Goodbye.' I went outside. Moving in with Pablo? That was the biggest lie ever, I just went to my appartment.

'Angie!'

I turned and stare at him.

'Is there any problem?' He asked. Any problem? There is more than just one problem.

'No.'

'So we are good?'

'Yeah.' I turned back and I heard him shutting the door. I took a taxi to my appartment. When I lived in the Castillo's household, I only came here once in a while. Now it will be my home again.

I fell asleep immediately.

The next morning I wanted to go to the Studio as soon as possible. If Violetta needed me and I wasn't there, she would probably ask Pablo where I am, and if he said that he didn't know, Violetta would say that I 'moved in' by him.

I went to the teacher's lounge, made some tea and looked at today's schedule. Pablo walked in, not long afterwards.

'Good morning Angie.'

'Morning Pablo.' Not looking up from my schedule.

'Slept well?'

'Yeah... in my own bed, in my own appartment.'

'You... You left the house?'

'I really couldn't take it anymore.'

'You made a good choice, it is for the best.'

'I hope so, we will see.'

Pablo came over and hugged me.

'I have to go, my lesson starts in a minute.'

'Yeah, mine too.'

My first class was Violetta's. Everyone streamed in, but Violetta wasn't there. Where was she? Did anything happen at home. I was worried. What if anything happened and I could have prevented.. I could have prevented it if I had stayed.

A few minutes before the bell went, I sent everyone away, asking Leon to stay.

'Leon, have you heard anything from Violetta?'

'No, I didn't, she didn't pick up her phone this morning.'

'You sure, she didn't text you back??'

'No.'

'Okay, thanks. You can go.'

I took my stuff and ran out of the Studio.

'Angie!' Pablo shouted.

'Pablo, I don't have any time.'

'You can't just walk away. Is it German?'

'No. No. No. Violetta! She missed her class and she isn't answering her phone. Please let someone take over my classes. '

'Angie...'

'Pablo, please, if anything happened... I will always feel responsible. Please.'

'Okay, go on. But this is the last time.'

'Thank you, thank you, thank you.' and I kissed his cheek.

I ran to the Castillo's house and  I walked in from the kitchen's door, not wanting to go through the front door... somebody should have to answer it and then maybe it would be too late.

'Miss Angie!'

'Olga, where is Violetta? She missed her class this morning.'

'She missed her class? I am so sorry. I didn't know she had any classes today and I didn't wake her up.'

'Omg, I thought something terrible happened. She also didn't answer her phone. I will wake her up, so she won't miss the rest of her classes today.'

'I am so sorry, miss Angie. Yeah, go on!'

I walked out of the kitchen and saw German and Esmeralda sitting on the sofa.... kissing....

My heart broke in pieces.

I quickly walked to the stairs, but I was noticed.

'Angie!' German looked at me a bit suprised and shocked, while Esmeralda looked mad.

'I am sorry... Violetta missed her class and she didn't answer her phone, so I thought something was wrong. I will go and wake her up. I am sorry, for the disturbance.' I faked a smile.

I couldn't reach Violetta's room, I went into my old room, let myself fall on my old bed and cried.