The wedding

Esmeralda phone went off.

'I am sorry, I have to take this.' She stood up and went to German's office.

Was he really asking me this.

'I don't see that it is any of your business how Pablo and I are doing since it is also not any of my business to know anything about your relationship.' I said rather angry and sad.

Violetta looked at me with a sad look, knowing I wasn't with Pablo.

'First you complain that I don't care about you and now I ask you something and you answer like this. But I understand it. You are right. Everything between Esmeralda and me is private.'

I could see in his eyes that I hurt him with my words, and it felt good but it also made me feel worse.

'So when are you guys going to marry?' I asked

'Next week.'

'Next week? But dad you didn't tell me

that.' Violetta said.

'Neither to us.' Olga said, also speaking for Ramallo.

'I want it to be small and Esmeralda agreed with me.'

'Just like with Jade.' Violetta said. Was she trying to help me? Let him remember the last time he did it he cancelled the wedding because of me?

'Violetta! I don't want to hear anything about it!'

'So I am done calling. I am sorry for the disturbance. Something happened?' Esmeralda walked in with a happy face.

We were all looking angrily at each other.

'No!' We said at the same time.

Olga tried to break the discommode and said that it was time for dessert. I put up another look, not in the mood for Esmeralda asking a 100 questions about what we were discussing.

I couldn't stop looking at their engagement rings. They looked awful in my opinion. Just the fact that he married her made it even worse.

After eating dessert, I went back home. Suprised to see my mom in the middle of  my living room.

'Mom!'

'Don't be so suprised!'

'But I am!'

'Tell me, how are you doing, and how is Violetta doing?'

'Violetta is doing fine. I just came back from her. She invited me for dinner to celebrate that she got home and it was really nice.'

'That is really good to hear!'

'So how are you, from why the visit?'

'Angie... I heard about German and Esmeralda and Violetta told me because she was worried about you.'

'I am fine mom, I really am. Yes it is hard, but I got to live with it. And I am talking to someone due Pablo and it is helping- mom, are you crying?'

'Oh Angie. I just can't stand to see you hurt because of him. He hurt us with taking away Violetta and now that is was over, it is starting all over again with your love for him, after all he has done to us.'

'He isn't a bad, man, mom. He has changed, for the good. He regrets the mistake he has made. So don't go back to the paste.'

'I really hoped you had never say something like this to me.'

'Mom...' I felt like, right now, nobody was left to support me with it. I could always count on my mom, and she doesn't understand me on this so she will never be able to help me through this.

I started to cry and let myself fall on my bed. She hugged me. I cried so much that after a while, I just fell asleep.

The next morning I had post.

It was an inviting for the wedding.... then it occured to me that it was really going to happen.

I had a free day that day so I did what I loved to do, walk, walk and walk. Just walking and thinking but also not thinking.

I was wondering how Violetta was managing her schoolday on her crutches but then I remembered that they will have a lot of fun with it, and having Fran and Cami being there for her.

But who is there for me?

I walked to the bench where German and I once ate a popcorn caramelized apple. Suddenly someone sat next to me... It was Jeremias...

'Hi Angie!'

'Hey!'

'How are you doing?'

'I am not sure, I think I am fine. What about you? Aren't you supposed to be at the Studio?'

'Everyone is having break right now!'

'Oh well you are right. I totally forgot about the time.'

'Yeah... time.. it can be a stressful thing. Sometimes things happen, but not at the right time.'

and he looked at me with his big brown eyes.

'No, you are right. I wish I could change the time. Do things differently. What would you change?'

'Messing with a woman her feelings who absolutely deserves better....