Chapter 2

11:43 PM. I read from the clock on the radio. But the radio wasn't playing. There was just an extremely uncomfortable silence lingering in the car. Except, I might have been the only one uncomfortable. Mom tapped her fingers against the steering wheel to a tune that was probably stuck in her head and I had no idea what Jason was doing because I didn't dare turn around and look at him.

   We eventually pulled up to the house. We were pass the 'bad' part of town and now were the top of the hill that overlooked the city. I get out of the BMW, clutching my purse to my stomach as I walked toward the huge mansion. The place I called home.

   I quickly unlocked the door with my key and nearly stumbled into the house. The mansion was absolutely stunning and beautiful. Most of the furniture was white because my mother and I find it proper and attractive. And expensive.

   Trixie came trotting over from the living room. The purebred toy poodle was like my daughter. Except I treat Trixie better than I would ever treat any of my unborn children.

   She greeted me warmly but I was extremely exhausted to keep up with her hyper personality.

   And to my complete horror, my mother began showing Jason around our home.

   "That room is the living room, that is the kitchen -help yourself to anything you want-, that's the spare closet but we don't use it..." Would he seriously be here that long that he would need to know that we had a useless spare closet? I was hoping he wouldn't be here long enough to ask where the bathroom was. I tried not to sigh dramatically.

   But obviously it didn't matter if I sighed or not because for some reason, as if she could read my mind, Mom turned her eyes onto mine. Oh great.

   "Jason I want you to meet my daughter, Jennifer." Yes- please mother! Introduce me to him because I'm just the funnest person alive. Crap.

   "Hello." I meant for the simple greeting to be loud and straight to the point. But to my shock, and not to mention to my complete irritation, it came out all shy and quiet.

   I wanted to kick myself.

   And to top it off he just tilted his head slightly in my direction. Oh so this guy was some sort of player? Thinking he can live in my house and then not say hello but give me some crappy nod. Whatever.

   Scratch that- I wanted to kick Jason. Hard.

   "So Jason," Mother spoke curiously, "How old are you?"

   He stood there at the bottom of the staircase, towering over both my mother and me. He had to be at least 6 feet, I couldn't help but think. His jeans were filthy while he had his hands causally stuffed into the pockets. And even though Jason was a pretty big looking guy, the gray shirt he wore was way too big for him. He looked like he hadn't had a haircut in forever, due to the fact that his blonde hair hung above his shoulders. And his extremely, dark brown eyes had defiantly soften since the ride home in the car but I still couldn't tell what he was thinking. To me, he looked anywhere from 19 to at the most 21. But I couldn't be sure. This guy looked like he had a hard past, which was probably making him look older than he really was.

   He cleared his throat before he spoke. "I just turn 16 a few months ago."

   Whoa. The second I heard his voice, sparks lit up inside of me. But... but they weren't sparks of fear. They were sparks of excitement. Like, somehow I was stunned by his voice.

   Dang Jennifer. it's just a freaking voice- calm down, I mentally commanded myself.

   My mother began to squeal to my deep embarrassment. Oh God, just kill me now. "That is so perfect! Jennifer is like," My mother began to address to me, "How old are you now sweetie, like 15 and a half?" Mom! How could she not know how old I was! Gosh sometimes I swear...