Author's Note

Author's Note:

My name is Brooke. I was 14 when I started writing this book and 15 when I finished it. On June 9, 2012, I was in the back seat of the car while driving home one night. And I saw a young man on the side of the road.

He looked young. Too young. I didn't read his sign, he didn't make eye contact with me. I went home that night, looking at the world differently.

And so I started to write this story.

I didn't know what my book would turn into. And now that my story is completed, I still don't know how far this book will go. But I'm okay with that. I don't need this book to have hundreds of thousands of views and comments. Knowing that at least one person had read my book willingly, without any pressure put on them, blows my mind. Knowing that one human being kept reading my story and actually making an effort to understand what I had to say, brings tears to my eyes. Know that I can bring a person, who I have never seen before, to tears over my own writing— it's all I ever wanted. I love to help people. I'm really bad with words vocally. I'm too quiet.

And so I write.

If I can make someone cry, over something I wrote— that means they are listening. If they are listening, then you can tell them your story.

I wrote the beginning part of this story based on something I saw myself. Everything else after that was just a story. I did not know the young man who I saw standing on the side of the road. I wish I did. I wish I could go back in time and tell this young man that he had inspired me to write this book, which people have come to love. Including myself.

This book is a romance, yes. To the people who read my story, I hope I could help you in any way possible. If I made you laugh or smile, even just once, in this book, then I am happy. If you got a deeper meaning out of this book, that there is always a way out of bad times, then I feel accomplished.

Thank you, to those of you who read my book. And thank you to the young stranger who I saw standing on the road. I know that I'll probably never get to meet him or see him ever again, but that's okay. I hope he had a happy ending like characters in my story. I hope everyone who are going through hards time, have a happy ending and see the good that life has to offer.

***

It has been so much fun writing this story and meeting all these new people! I've had a few ideas for the future. I have thought about writing this whole story again, but this time in Jason's point of view. I have also thought about writing a sequel to this book. But I have also thought about putting this story to rest and making a new story. But all of these are just ideas for the future because right now I need to focus on school and my life.

Thank you everyone! I ♥ you all!!!