Chapter 15

Just so you know this is sooooo not edited... x) Sorry about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Jennifer?" A hand shook my shoulder, causing the bed to rock back and forth.

    "No..." I moaned, sleep drifting into my voice.

    "Please Jennifer?" Gentle fingers brushed a stand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

    "Go away Mom." I mumbled and rolled over, facing away from her.

    "Jennifer, it's me Jason." A husky voice whispered into my ear.

    I whipped around and stared at Jason who was kneeling next to the side of the bed. He sighed while I stared at him wide eyed. The moonlight lit up the dark room letting me study how the colors in his eyes danced with sleepiness.

   "Hey." He greeted me in a soft voice.

   "Um.... hi." I croaked.

   He left it at that, not saying anything else. Instead he continued to stare into my eyes while he rested his chin on the edge of my bed. Even though he looked pretty comfortable, the silence soon irritated me.

   So I decided to go off on him. "Jason what the-"

   "Hush." He ordered in quiet whisper.

   So I just laid there in the bed while he knelt next to it with his chin on the edge. And we were just staring at each other. Well, Jason was gazing at me while I stared confusingly at him.

   Finally he murmured, "Come here."

   "Excuse me?" I replied offended, not even caring to keep my voice down.

   "Hush." He repeated while he wrapped his arms around me in a blur. He carefully pulled me to him, crushing me against his chest.

   He stood from kneeling next to the bed and pulled me with him, leaving me on my feet and his arms around me. He could properly hug me this way with both of us standing. His arms were tight around my waist and back with his forehead pressed against my neck. I felt.... safe in his embrace. My heart hummed with happiness, knowing that he was okay and I couldn't stop myself from wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

   "Jason," I muttered against his shoulder but he interrupted me once again.

   "Don't talk." He spoke quietly. "Not yet. Just give me a minute."

   I silently granted his wish and stayed quiet. We stood like that for many peaceful minutes. A sleep wave hit me like a tsunami and I grew heavy in Jason's arms. He didn't seem to mind the extra weight. When I leaned against him, his hold tightened. 

   When I was on the verge of closing my eyes, Jason sighed into my neck. "I don't even know what to say." He murmured into my skin.

   I pulled away then and looked into his eyes. They looked like they were being tortured in their own hell.

   So I don't think it really helped when I slapped him across the face for the second time in the last twenty-four hours.

   He groaned out in pain as he bowed his head, cupping his proably stinging cheek. Last time he looked pissed that I hit him. This time when his eyes rested on mine, they didn't look as angry. They looked more shocked.

   But he didn't explode, or start yelling. He didn't even call me a name. He just simply said, "Why?" It might have been funny if there wasn't pain in his voice.