Chapter 27

"Look we really need to get rid of this thing." He said seriously once he finished his fit of laughter.

   "Why?!" I threw my hands up into the air.

   "Because." He turned away from me and started toward the car.

   "You know," I growled, "'Because' isn't an answer!"

   "Okay." Really? Again with the lame, retarded answers?

   "Dumbass."

   "Beautiful."

   I narrowed my eyes at his back.

   I didn't like this game he had going between us.

   "Why Jason? Why do we have to get rid of the car? I mean, like you said, we lost them. There's no point in throwing away a perfect car."

   He shook his head before I even finished. "No. People like that— they know. They know more than you think. They'll find the car again."

   I froze. 'People like that'....? "Jason," my voice came in a whisper. He turned and looked at me, his dark eyes suddenly boring into mine. "You knew them?"

   His eyes suddenly widened and darkened at the same time. He looked guilty, like he had said too much. "Princess it's noth—"

   "Who?" I commanded softly.

   "I—"

   "Who?"

   He was quiet. I sighed. I took a step closer to him. And then another. Until finally I was so close I could feel his warm body heat crashing into my cold skin. He sighed too, his warm breath flying across my face.

   "It's better if you don't know." He said in a soft, pleading voice.

   "Why?" I kept my voice low like his.

   He was quiet for a second. "It's safer for you if you're not involved."

   I sighed. This boy.... I swear he would be the end of me.

   "Please don't be mad at me, Princess." He said at the same time I took a step back. He didn't seem to like that because he quickly grabbed my hand, not willing to let the space grow between us.

   Unfortunately, he grabbed my hurt hand.

   "Ow..." I whined and tried to rip my hand back but his hold was too strong. Instead, his hand softened and gently held my hand in his. He pulled me closer by the arm, being extremely careful with my hand.

   "What happened?" He questioned softly will trying to examine my hand. I was giving him a hard time, wiggling my hand around in his soft yet strong as hell grasp. He wasn't letting me go.

   He gently grabbed my upper arm with his free hand, making my hand hold still. He lowered his head to look at it better. His eyes, for a spilt second, flashed up to mine but then quickly went back to my hand. "What happened?" He repeated.

   "I— I hurt it." Why, why do I stutter? Why?

   "You know, you're a horrible liar." Even with his head bent and out of sight, I could imagine his smirking right then. Idiot.

   "Uh..." Uh.... That's lovely Jennifer. Good job, I'm proud of you.

   Not.

   Then, suddenly, I heard Jason's breath get caught in his throat. Oh god...

   "I hit you." He stated in shock and horror.

   Don't let him do this. "I w-was going to hit you." This time I mentally did praise myself. I was winning this.