Chapter 28

Holy chicken nuggets.

   I'm done! I'm so done! My life is officially over.

   "A lot?"

   He nodded, his smirk growing. "A lot." He agreed.

   I let out a huff of air and nodded my head confusingly. "O-okay then."

   Jason let out a loud laugh. "You're turning red, Princess."

   "Shut up."

   Jason's beautiful laughter went on for endless minutes until it finally started to die down. We walked the quiet streets together, with me under Jason's arm. When he had put it there it seemed like he didn't even notice what he had done but I'm pretty sure that Jason was fully aware that his arm was wrapped lazily around my shoulder because it seemed like every step we took together, he would somehow inch closer and closer to me.

   But I wasn't stopping him which surprised even me. Well, I wasn't complaining because his body heat was just too damn irresistible in the cold.

   And I wasn't really sure if I wanted him to stop.

   We turned the corner and began walking down our street when suddenly Jason abruptly stopped walking, causing me to jerk backwards with him.

   "Jennifer," I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard Jason angrily growl my name. I looked up at Jason's face, fear was written across my features as I took in Jason's dark mood. I suddenly didn't feel very comfortable under his arm. "I don't want you going back in there with him."

   I stared at him in confusion. What was he.....?

   Oh.

   Right. The only reason we ran hectically out of that house was because of my abusive father. What a lovely thought.

   "Um, o-okay. I can um, just wait here, I- I guess..."

   I guess Jason didn't really want to hear that because his mood darkened even more, if that was even possible. "You're not sitting out here, in the middle of the night, and in the cold."

   I frowned. "So what do we do?"  

❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻❀༻

   "Jason!" Stupid bastard! "I am not climbing a fucking tree into my own god damn house!"

   Jason looked over his shoulder as he was already half way up the tree that sat on the hillside. It was dark, like really dark, but I'm pretty sure that he winked at me. Idiot. "Come on, Princess. The chariot awaits." He chuckled lightly at his own joke.

   "Chariot?! I don't see any chariots Jason. All I see is a god damn tree!" I nearly screamed into the dark. I heard him chuckle again.

   "That's some strong language there."

   "Shut up!"

   "Hurtful too." He chuckled.

   "I hope you fall out of the damn tree." I muttered under my breath.

   After another short minute or two I heard Jason shift his weight around in the tree. "Okay Princess— your turn." Was he mental?

   "Ha. Hell no. You must be really, and I mean really, stupid if you think I'm going to climb a tree that is hanging off a steep hillside, in the dark."