Chapter 1. 'The 6th girl'

Anusha

Coming from an Indian Family and being the eldest daughter gives you tones of responsibilities

Coming from an Indian Family and being the eldest daughter gives you tones of responsibilities. You are to be an example for your younger siblings, an ideal role model for them. Whatever you do, whatever your steps are they tend to follow the same—in your parents eyes.

It is a tough job for an Indian girl to live her life her own way once she completes 25 years of her life. And painful to say, now I'm living it.

Sigh

My name is Anusha Singh, by profession I am a Doctor, physiotherapist to be précise. I am almost through my masters in pediatrics.

My Father owns a branch of hotels all across Delhi, one of the known that too. The whole family coming from the side of business and I am the only rebel, a Doctor.

There is my father, whose traits I tend to adapt- as my mother say. Then there is my mother who is a house wife, the most responsible and tiring job I can think of.

I have two younger siblings, a sister and a brother who annoy the shit out of me and still I adore them to core.

I'm friendly and easy going by nature, like to believe I am organized. I carry a bold exterior.

Opening up to people comes difficult to me, the task seem quite impossible, nothing like I don't want to, the process of expressing feelings and yourself appears frightening to me. I found myself tongue-tied, the thought of appearing stupid and left misunderstood always haunt me.

Not someone introvert or shy, but Reserved.

Because of profession maybe or my job suits my personality, I care for everyone, I like to listen to their problems and love to give them my best advice or provide them with my best help. My Friends and Family adore me and this is something I am proud of.

The exact words to describe me could be, short-tempered, stubborn and a little bratty. This is because I've been spoiled enough. I was a pampered kid since the day I was born, because of being the first child in my whole family. Whatever I've ever asked I got.

People who know me call me emotional, they think I show myself all brains which in reality I tend to take everything to heart.

°°°°°

Siddharth