Chapter 10. 'Shocked'

Siddharth's POV

Finally when I said everything, when I confessed my feeling out to her it felt like I can rest in peace now.
I had the lines prepared for a long time now,  from past 3 days, heck I'd never waited that long.
A little voice inside me correcting me- saying the wait was not over yet.

The words were finally out, out from my mouth, and it felt like my heart was empty after.

I wanted desparately to show her, I was capable to fulfill every promise I was making.

I wanted to say that to her when we were alone. I was waiting for the right moment during the whole function. And finally it was done.

I was on my knees in front of her waiting for her answers.

I was anxious enough that the words her face was speaking remain unread.

Before saying anything she closed her eyes taking a deep breath, she was about to say something when all our family members came from nowhere.
They started clapping and hooting even whistling.

I was shocked and without realising I stood up, I didn't saw them coming, it was completely unexpected.

Did they heard everything?

I looked over Anusha her eyes widened, her face flushed. She was looking at everyone with wide eyes.

She looked at me and nodded shyly and saying, "I'll be back" and started to leave.

But she had not answered my question yet.

I can't let her go without answering my question, was the only thought inside me.
Before she could leave I caught her by her wrist and once again pulled her towards myself.

She stumbled a little, stood facing me with her wide eyes and her face fiery.

"I think I deserve an answer to my question"
with this I once again kneeled down in front of her, raising the rose. The plead in my eyes trying really hard to reach out to her. They were shooting stars I made sure.

The crowd we had- unexpected for sure- making awe sounds in the background.

She looked over everyone again for a while, then looked straight into my eyes. The lady infront of me took a deep breath so slowly that I was scared for a while.
Soon a smile appeared on her face and then she nodded taking the flower from my hand.

Nod?

Why she didn't said yes?

She was still worried, she was still not sure. There was something holding her back.

I have to make her fall in love with me too.
I will make her soon. I prepared myself for the task being.

Just after the nod to my question, everyone gasped and run towards us, hugging the lights out of both of us.

I was left looking at her , people hugging me were not existing for a moment.
I knew she was doing that for our parents. The way she was looking at our parents  said everything.

She wanted them to be happy.

I looked at my parents and hers'. A mere nod made four people precious to both of us happy and the remaining ecstatic.

In that moment what she did, made me angry, anxious and proud altogether. I was angry because she wasn't making a choice for herself.

I was anxious because I wanted to know the reason of her dilemma.

I was proud because what she did, brought  happiness. It made people around me happy. She care, care for everyone. She would never do anything to hurt anyone intentionally made me proud.