Chapter 22. 'With me'

Anusha's POV

I was all dressed up in a total Indian bridal outfit. It was like a dream. A dream just like I had when I was ten.

The naive me was totally unaware of the reality of emotions and responsibilities, the young me was excited to be in this situation just to get dressed and look all dolled up.
She was bubbly to say the least, unaware of she will be getting a husband as well that too for free.

Something about the bridal outfit is mesmerizing. It just simply makes you look beautiful. No matter how you always look. The elegancy they radiated lightens your face, it makes you glow.

Wearing a deep red beautiful bridal lehenga, red chunar given by my in-laws, my hair tied in a bun over my head I looked myself in the mirror for the nth time. I was hell nervous.

I was excited - scared - nervous - anxious. The turmoil I was in was hard to explain. Everything in me was all messed.

Approval, I gained from everyone yet my mind was waiting for one smile of appreciation.

.

.

.

.

Siddharth's POV

I was standing on stage waiting for Anusha to come. I was dying to see her. I was confident my bride will be the most beautiful bride ever.

Mom told me she is looking beautiful, she was radiating with pride after seeing her daughter in law. Her comment left me more curious and impatient. The bright eyes of my mother did nothing good on my jumpy self.

I was desperately from inside.

"Show some excitement atleast. Your bride is about to join you." Sunidhi whispered standing in front of me

I nodded.

Isn't it strange? I was all happy and excited just this morning and as soon as the moment arrived I was nervous. I went silent because I was too happy even to express.

Waiting on the stage to have a view of her was killing me inside. I had the rights now to have a glimpse of her yet the people around were delaying.

While the Barat was at the entrance, I saw her parents excitement matching mine parents'. Seeing the gleaming eyes made me aware of the right choice I had made.

I looked down at myself, I was wearing an opulent pink coloured sherwani with khaki embroidery. I hoped I was looking as good as Anusha. Otherwise, no one would even notice me tonight.