Chapter. 53 'transparent'

"Her love?
She'll destroy stars to make me smile,  without her own realization"

_______

Anusha's POV

I woke up with an empty bed beside me.

Now, where the hell are you Mr. Grumpy?

Shifting myself up I pulled my legs out of the blanket. Stretching my body while yawning I started thinking about what to cook for breakfast.

And then the bathroom door flung open, I shifted my eyes to met his. He has a towel wrapped around his waist water droplets dripping down his damp hair and he was shivering.

Shivering?

What? Why?

I watched him hugging himself, rubbing his arms and moving towards the closet to take out his work clothes.

I picked up the A.C remote and switched it off. Though the weather is somewhat cool already as it’s mid-October but sometimes you’ll need A.C just to adjust the room temperature.

But he was still shivering.

“Siddharth are you fine?” I asked him worriedly.

He didn’t reply instead kept his clothes on the bed and started wearing them. Still playing grumpy-grumpy.
But I’m all fucked up!

I sighed. Whether angry or not I can’t let him play with his health. I stood up from my place and moved towards him.

I stood in front of him and met his eyes. His eyes were red, face pale and he looked really tired. My poor baby is sick.

Baby?

I moved my hand to touch his forehead but he took a few steps back like my touch will burn him.

I bit my lip because of his denial and felt a bit hurt but my stubbornness brings the best out of me.

I tried once more but he pushed my hand away.

Now there is only one way left!

I tried my best not to do that!

I pushed him on the bed with all my strength. He must have caught off-guard by my sudden act because his strong powerful frame fell off easily and his eyes widened looking at me.

“What the..” he was saying when I cut him off by my actions.

I took a few steps forward to him never leaving his eyes keeping him still with my gaze so that he won't run.

Leaning down on almost half of his figure I touched his forehead. He is really hot, must be around 102 degrees Fahrenheit.

He was still looking at me with wide eyes, the shock was evident on his face but my worried feelings were not helping me at all to focus on our close proximity.

I shook my head looking at him and pulled myself up. Kept his clothes inside the closet again.

“Hey!” he came protesting and was about to say something else when I cut him off.

“Shut up!” I said glaring at him in a calm tone but shutting him off completely.

Giving him his casuals, his sweatpants, and t-shirt to wear, I picked up my phone from the bedside table and exited the bedroom.

I dialed his secretary’s number and told her that he’ll not make it today. She said she’ll manage and there is no such important meeting scheduled for today.