Chapter. 62 'melt down'

Anusha's POV

In the afternoon, all the ladies had their beauty treatment is done, which includes facial, bleach, threading, manicure- pedicure and all those remaining things what all they do on karva chauth.

They asked me too for all this but I denied, I’m not really into all this.
I just offered some help to the beauticians in doing their stuff…… when they were busy with Mom, Mumma, Sunidhi di and rest of the family members I was busy doing the beauty treatment of Bebe.

I did her manicure-pedicure, facial and my famous hairdo. I did her make up and get her all dressed by 5:30 in the evening.

Then I stepped inside Mom’s bedroom only to find both Mumma and Mom scolding the girls who are here to do their makeup and hair. These ladies!

“Offo! Mom. Mumma. Yeh aap log kya kr the ho?” (mom and mumma what you guys are doing?) I asked.

“Anu bache see, she knows nothing about makeup. I was just telling her to apply the eye liner the way you do but she was like ‘I have my ways’, and let me tell you girl your way is all wrong. I don’t like it at all” Mumma complained first looking at me then glaring at her makeup artist.

I sighed and turned to look at Mom who was busy burying ten feets down her hairstylist by her glare.

“Mom!” I called.

No response

“Mom!” I called again and a bit louder this time. She turned to look at me with pleading eyes.

“I don’t want this girl here with me anymore. She can’t do anything.” She complained too.

Both of the girls looked at me as if they are seconds away from crying. I know its really difficult to handle hungry women trust me I’ve been through this before…...

I pity you girls!

“I’m going to complain about you in your salon and parlour you just wait. And Anu there is no need to pay them for this shit” Mom said still glaring at both of them.

“You won’t get a single penny from this house.”

I turned my head towards the beauticians and gave them a assuring smile blinking my eyes. Telling them it’s ok. I’ll take care of everything.

“You go… I’ll manage” and with a nod they left the room to dress up the other women in line.

“Aap dono naa! (you two are too much!)” I said leaving a huge sigh and walked upto my mother to complete her makeup which was half done, on the other hand Mom was done with her makeup and only her hair are left to do.

I asked her to take out her rollers till I’m done with Mumma.

After completing Mumma’s both hair and make up, I moved towards mom and get started with her hair then.

I picked up a bob pin in my hand and held it between my lips while tying mom’s tresses in a neat bun, the way she likes it. Then I wrapped mogra flowers around her bun and now I’m all done.

“You like it?” I asked her keeping my hands on her shoulders looking at her reflection through mirror. Her eyes brightened and she smiled widely.

“I loved it! Thank you bache” she said standing up and kissed my forehead pulling me down to her level. 

Mumma too hugged me and they two passed each other a look and said, “You are a savior sweetheart” and wrapped me tightly in each others arms.
.
.
.
.
.