Chapter 25. 'Already leaving'

"Sometimes even falling feels beautiful."
-beautifully painful Instagram.

____________

Anusha's POV

When he came out he said-

"Dad Mrs. Sharma called me and she said that I need to leave for Mumbai urgently today. There's a problem with our deal. The investor's are having some issues. And it's really urgent"

"But, I talked to them this morning. They didn't mention anything to me then." Dad said pulling out his phone from his pants pocket

"Yes, I know everything was fine then but... Now I don't know what happened...I need to go and solve the problem by myself. You don't need to worry
" he said glancing at me for a second before meeting his father's worried face.

"But Siddharth it just been one day after your marriage and you are al..." Mom reasoned

"I know Mom but I can not do anything. I have to go."
Siddharth said looking at Mom than at me for a bit longer than required this time

"Okay. Then take Anusha with you as well."
Dad asked him looking at his wife's worried expression

"No. Dad, she will be bored...and I'll be staying in company quarters with other employees. I need to discuss something with them. Further check on them." Siddharth said,
"And I'll come back after I sort everything out. I will make it quick."
The line he said completely looking at me like he was asking me for my permission to allow him to go. He was trying to assure me he will be soon with me, his presence was urgent there.

The expression was different like he was doing something that he doesn't wanted to.

There were numerous emotions in his eyes, some giving responsibility, showing concern for his duties and some to hold back like they were asking him to stay.

With me? The question build inside me doing nothing just elating a bubble in my throat. I felt it.

Whatever he was doing made me respect him more, his duties comes first but assuring the dear one was important too. He was leaving but with promises to make it up, promise a better start after this gap.

I gave him a genuine smile, assuring him because I didn't wanted to stop him, after all it was his work and that comes first.

I didn't wanted him to change anything because of me. His responsibilities come first than me.

But Anusha why it's aching inside.

I wasn't aware how to answer the little voice.

It's been just one day of your married life and your husband is already leaving you.

But he has work too and it's more important. Responsibility comes first.

Really?

"How many days it will take for you to solve all this? And what about your wedding reception." Dad asked and I came back to the present.

"I guess around one week max. And the wedding reception..." Siddharth replied with a sigh before Bebe cut him off.

"One week? Are you mad Siddharth, you are leaving your bride for a complete week and just the day of your wedding."
Bebe accused with a frown looking at me with pity

"It's okay Bebe. I understand work comes first. I'll be fine. And Dad about the wedding reception it's not really important. We will do it later once he's back. "
I said smiling towards everyone, the corner of my eyes resting to the man who was the reason of this discussion