Chapter 18. 'wedding date'

Anusha's  POV

It was my convocation.

I was with my fellow batchmates having photo sessions. Posing for dozens of pictures. Happiness I was feeling wouldn't be an accurate word.
I was finally done with the study point in my life. I was ecstatic.

Mumma, papa and Siddharth were here. To celebrate with me.
I was shocked when Papa asked Siddharth, to attend my convocation ceremony, I was half prepared with the answer of having some work important.
But the guy left me astonished, he immediately replied in agreement.

He said 'he would be glad to be present in my big day.'

I was already in college when they came with Siddharth in his car. All happy and jumpy. The smile my mother was radiating was a topic I am yet to discuss.

When I was called up on the stage all three of them stood up from there places shouting my name and clapping for me. Embarrassed was altogether a different thing, I was in love with my family.

I shook my head smiling widely at them, they are all the same.

When I approached them Mumma and Papa hugged me congratulating me.
While Siddharth was just standing smiling at me. He too congratulated me and shook my hand formally, I smiled in response.

I was pretty sure, if my parents wouldn't be there this man in front definitely would've wished me in a way only he could manage.
My batchmates knowing about my engagement took few pictures of me with him as well.

After the photo session, I reached where my parents were sitting and we started to make way back home.

We were back in his car. I didn't bring my car because I knew later Siddharth will be there.
We were going to Khanna mansion as my would-be-in-laws, had organised lunch for celebrating my graduation.

I was seated in the back seat with my mother, Papa was sitting on passenger seat beside him.

We were talking about my future plans.
I told them about my recruitment in one of the best hospital in South Delhi.

"When are you planning to join then?" Papa asked me

"they want me to start after one month as there department head is on vacation. They want me to join in his presence."

"Ok. Good."

" How far your hospital will be from our house?" Mumma asked

"It will be around 30 minutes drive" I replied

" And from Siddharth's new house?" Papa asked

" I guess it will take 30 minutes from there as well,"
Siddharth said looking towards me through the rear mirror.

"Perfect! its close from both of her houses," Mumma said smiling.

I blushed.
The mention of my new house reminds me of my birthday.

My first kiss.

Shut up Anusha!

Stop behaving like a typical girl.

I looked out of the window blushing.

The sweet memories of my birthday flashing in my mind. I looked over the rear mirror and found Siddharth already looking my way, he noticed me looking and winked at me.

There is something about this man, he make me feel different. I've never been this weak before anyone never had the power to make me nervous.
But he make me nervous and clumsy whenever he is around. Which is the exact opposite of my personality.