Now he Has a Friend

The next day, Cathy dreaded going to work. She slowly got ready, and slowly got into her car.

"Those men won't come back." Cathy said to herself, "your fine."

As Cathy pulled into the parking lot, the glass from the incident had been cleaned up.

Cathy parked her car and turned off the engine. Then she grabbed her stuff and headed inside. She made sure to lock her car.

📎📎📎

"Welcome to Dunkin Donuts, can I get you anything today?" Cathy's voice seemed bland.

"Wow, Someone hates their job." Mac smiled.

Cathy's eyes widened.

"Sorry Mac, I didn't see you there. This day... it's just... uhh!" Cathy was becoming frustrated.

"I'll take two coffees please."

Cathy stared at Mac.

"Just Coffee, nothing in them?"

"Pretty much." Mac replied.

Cathy smiled and shook her head.

"Alright. Two coffees it is." Cathy went to the coffee machine, and started to make the coffee. Once they were done, she picked up the two cups and walked over to Macs table.

"Your, two coffees." She smiled.

"Thank you." Mac replied and took one of the cups.

"Hi," a man in a leather jacket was staring at Cathy, "name's Jack Dalton."

Mac sighed.

"I'm Cathy Kane."

Jack opened his mouth one more time to speak, only to be interrupted by Mac.

"Thank you, for the coffee Cathy."

"No problem, it's my job anyway." Cathy giggled and walked away.

📎📎📎

"Cathy," Gabby came to her side at the register, "Who was that handsome man you were talking to?"

Cathy sighed.

"His name is Mac."

"Mac?" Gabby started thinking, "never heard of him."

Cathy laughed.

"What's so funny?" Gabby asked confused.

"Nothing." Cathy brushed it off.

The bells above the door rang. Cathy's heart started to beat faster. She looked up, expecting to see MacGyver. But saw the two men that almost killed her.

Cathy pulled her friend close to her.

"Go call the police, I'll try to stall them."

Gabby didn't ask why, she went to the back and started calling 9-1-1.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" Cathy used her sweet voice.

The two men only stared at her.

"What seems to be the problem here?" An officer walked in.