A Sad Day

Mac had woken up before Cathy. He stayed in bed until she did. When Cathy woke up, she softly smiled up at Mac.

"We should get ready." Mac said.

Cathy sighed sadly. She nodded her head and got out of bed. Mac had walked out of the room so Cathy could change. He too went to the guest bedroom and got ready. Once he was done, he waited for Cathy. Cathy came out of his room a few minutes later. She wore a black dress that went down past her knees. Her shoes were black heels.

"You ready?" Mac asked.

Cathy placed some of her brown hair behind her ear. She nodded her head.

Mac held his hand out for her to take. Cathy took his hand in hers and the two walked outside to the car that was waiting for them.

Mac opened her door and let her in. Then, he walked around the other side of the car and got in.

Jack was in the drivers seat, Riley was sitting next to him, Bozer was in the back seat, and Mac and Cathy were sitting together in the middle seats.

Cathy slipped her hand into Mac's. The two looked at each other. Mac gave Cathy a small smile. Cathy softly smiled back.

Soon, the car was moving. Cathy's heart began to beat a little faster. She became worried.

Mac seemed to notice this and he squeezed her hand.

"I'm right here, Cathy." Mac said.

Cathy smiled. Her head turned towards the window. She watched the scenery fly by.

📎📎📎

Everyone got out of the car. The service was to be held outside.

Cathy was amazed by how many people were here to see her mother.

"Cathy," Mac walked up to her, "What's wrong?"

"I didn't even think anyone would show up, I thought I was going to be the only one that knew my own mother."

"I guess your mom knew a lot of people." Mac grabbed Cathy's hand and led her towards the service.

The service was sad but sweet. Cathy had gotten up to say a few words about her mother. She tried to hold in her tears, but Cathy had already started crying when she walked up to the podium. When she finished, she sat down next to Mac and continued to cry.

Two men were beside her mothers coffin. They began to lower the coffin into the ground. Once they finished, the service was over.

Everyone came over to Cathy as they were leaving. They told her, "sorry for your loss," gave her a hug and left. Once that was over, the group began to walk back to their car. As they were walking back, Cathy had grabbed Mac's hand and held it in her own. She didn't let go until they got into the car.

Cathy sighed sadly and tried her best not to cry anymore. But she was beyond broken. She just needed to let it all out.

📎📎📎

Mac and the gang were talking out in the living room. Cathy on the other hand, was in Mac's room crying.

"Why did this have to happen to me?" Cathy said as she felt a presence at the door.

"This happens to everyone Cathy." Riley said as she walked closer to the girl. "I know you're upset, I know your heart is broken. But, Mac hates seeing you like this."

Cathy sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"What?" Cathy said confused.

"Mac is as broken as you are. He hates seeing you like this Cathy, he's trying to think of ways to make you feel better, but he doesn't want to do anything because he's scared it might make things worse."

Cathy sighed and brushed back her hair.

"It won't," Cathy calmed herself down, then she changed the subject, "I'm gonna go to bed, I feel exhausted."

Riley smiled softly and walked out of the room. The door closed behind her.

Cathy laid down on the bed and slowly began to close her eyes. Her dreams were not pleasant.