Interuptions Suck!

Cathy was outside on the deck while everyone was inside chatting. The wind messed with her hair. Cathy sighed happily and took out her phone, she then took out her earbuds and plugged them in. She placed the earbuds into her ears and played her music. Violins started playing in her ears. Cathy relaxed and looked out towards the city. Sometimes, she thought about leaving the Phoenix Foundation, but she always told herself that it wasn't worth it to leave. So, she stayed.

Someone tapped Cathy on the shoulder. Cathy turned around and took out her earbuds and placed her phone in her pants pocket.

"What are you doing out here?" Mac asked.

Cathy shrugged her shoulders.

"I kind of got bored."

Mac reached into his pocket and pulled out a heart shaped paper clip.

"Did you make this?" Mac asked as he held it towards Cathy. The heart was on a chain now.

"I got bored." Cathy smiled and took the necklace from Mac. Cathy then attempted to put the necklace on, but she couldn't latch it.

"Let me help." Mac said as he walked behind Cathy and moved her hair out of the way. Then, he latched the necklace on. "There." Mac said.

Cathy turned around and smiled at Mac.

"Thanks."

Mac looked into Cathy's eyes and slightly cleared his throat.

"Cathy," Mac moved closer towards Cathy, "you know I care about you, right?"

Cathy smiled.

"Of course I do." Cathy replied. "I also care about you too."

Mac was inches away from Cathy now.

"When you were shot," Mac started, "I was terrified, I thought I was going to lose you." Mac sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I don't want to lose you, Cathy. I care too much about you." Mac placed a small strand of Cathy's hair behind her ear. Then, he slowly moved his hand towards her cheek and kept it there.

Cathy felt butterflies in her stomach. Her heat pounded in her chest. Her brain told her to do something, to do something now.

Cathy and Mac both looked into each other's eyes. Then, Mac began to move closer towards Cathy. As Mac and Cathy got closer, their eyes closed. Cathy's stomach began to do flips, but she ignored it. Cathy could feel Mac's breath. She had a feeling his heart was racing as fast as hers was. As they got closer and closer, their lips became closer to each other's.

"Hey Cathy," Bozer came outside.

The two quickly pulled apart. Cathy cleared her throat and placed a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, Bozer?" Cathy said.

"Riley needs help with something in the kitchen."

"I'll get right on it." Cathy walked inside.

Bozer walked up to Mac.

"Did I interrupt something?"

Mac sighed. His heart was beating fast. He was so close to kissing Cathy, if Bozer hadn't interrupted them, he would've kissed her.

"Kind of, yeah," Mac moved his hair out of his face.

"You'll get another chance," Bozer patted Mac on the back, "trust me, you'll get another chance."

Mac smiled at his friend.

"I felt like that was my only chance." Mac said.

"It wasn't." Bozer said as he headed back inside. Soon, Mac followed him.