Gone

"Who's texting you?" Jack asked Mac.

"Cathy," Mac turned his phone off, "wants to know when we'll be home."

Jack chuckled.

"What?" Mac raised a brow.

"You and Cathy." Jack said.

"Jack," Mac sighed, "don't start now please."

"Listen," Jack started, "I know you deny this, but you have something for her Mac. I saw how you acted when she was hit by that beam. You were terrified."

"Of course I was Jack, she risked her life for mine."

"Mac, you gotta stop hiding your feelings. She's not like-"

"Like Nikki?" Mac said flatly. "I know Cathy's not like her."

"But every time you feel something for Cathy, it goes away." Jack pulled into the driveway.

Mac sighed and took off his seatbelt. His eyes wandered to his front door.

"No." Mac breathed and quickly got out of the car. He ran inside the house, Jack was right behind him.

"Mac what is it." Jack stopped behind Mac as the two looked at the trashed place.

"Cathy!" Mac called out, "Cathy!" He ran to all of the rooms in the house. "Jack," Mac looked at his friend, "she's not here."

"Cathy put up a fight." Jack looked at the broken lamp on the ground.

"I think I know who took her." Mac said flatly as he held a piece of paper in his hand. Mac read the writing out loud. "I told you I'd see you soon MacGyver." Mac gave the note to Jack.

"Who was it then?" Jack asked.

"It was Danny. He must've planned the right time to come here." Mac ran his hand through his hair.

"Or," Jack walked towards the corner of the room near the front door, "Danny was watching you the whole time Cathy's been here." Jack took the small camera off the wall. "It's wireless."

"Let's take a look at it." Mac said to Jack. "Call the rest of them."

📎📎📎

"Stop there." Mac told Riley.

Riley stopped the video.

"Play it." Jack said.

The video began to play.

Cathy sat on the sofa. She was relaxed. Then she heard a noise. Her head looked towards the direction of the noise, but nothing was there. She sat back and calmed herself down. Then, came the sound of boots on the floor. Danny stood right behind Cathy. A smile on his face.

"Hello Cathy." Danny said.

Cathy quickly shot off the sofa. But Danny was quick this time. He had one arm around her waist. His free hand went for the cloth.

Cathy screamed and kicked. The lamp fell to the floor.

"Let me go!" Cathy screamed.

Danny struggled with the girl.

"Now Cathy," Danny started, "You're making a mess."

The cloth went over Cathy's mouth and nose. Her eyes went wide. Danny let go of her, he was enjoying this.

"Just, Relax Cathy." Danny smiled down at her.

Cathy's eyes fluttered. They slowly wandered around the room.

"Just relax." Danny knelt down beside her.

Cathy's eyes slowly closed. She was out.

Danny picked her up and carried her towards the front door. He stopped and looked at the camera.

"I told you I'd see you soon MacGyver." Danny smiled and left the house.

The video stopped.

"I shouldn't have left her alone." Mac ran his hands through his hair.

"Mac," Jack walked up to his friend. "It's not your fault."

"It feels like it is."

"Guys," Riley's computer began to make strange noises. "Someone's trying to call."

"Answer it." Mac looked at the screen.

A familiar face came onto the screen.

"Oh, hello there." Danny smiled at the group. "Did you like my little gift?"

"Where is she?!" Mac said coldly.

Danny laughed.

"She's safe," Danny smiled, "for now at least."

Coughing was heard in the background.

"That's my cue," Danny smirked, "See you soon MacGyver." Then the screen went dark.

"There was coughing in the background." Bozer said.

"Cathy." Mac whispered.

"Let's find everything we can on Danny," Matty said to the group, "meet back at base at 5. See if you can find anything here that might help." Matty then left the house.

"Mac," Jack turned his friend to face him, "we will find her."

"I know we will." Mac said, "but will we find Danny?"

"Let's hope so," Jack said, "I've got a few things to say to that man."

"You're not the only one." Mac said flatly.

"Come on," Jack patted Mac's shoulder. "Let's get to work."