Please, Just Tell Him

Someone was kicking the sofa Cathy was sleeping on. Cathy ignored it, but it still continued. Cathy groaned and put the blanket over her head. The person kicked the sofa harder this time. Cathy huffed and threw the blanket off of her and screamed at the person.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THIN-" she stopped and stared at Jack.

"Morning sunshine." Jack smiled down at her.

"Jack, you're ok!" Cathy smiled and hugged him.

"Of course I am," Jack said a little surprised by the girls hug, "Mac wouldn't stop reminding me to be ok."

Cathy let go of Jack and chuckled.

"Where is Mac anyway?" Cathy asked.

"He's at Phoenix." Jack replied.

"Let's go then." Cathy said as she began to get her stuff ready, but Jack stopped her as he grabbed her arm lightly.

"What are you doing?" Cathy asked as she took her arm back.

"Listen, I've had this talk with Mac," Jack looked at Cathy, "now I'm gonna have this conversation with you."

"Ok?" Cathy said slowly.

"I know that you have something for him." Jack started.

"Gabby said something, I know." Cathy sighed.

"Let me finish, please." Jack cleared his throat. "I know he has something for you, but he won't say anything, neither will you. Just, tell him. He cares about you, you care about him, why won't you tell him something Cathy?"

Cathy sighed.

"Because, I'm afraid he'll change his mind about me."

"Why would he do that?" Jack asked.

"I don't know, Jack." Cathy's eyes stung, "after my dad died, I shut everyone out. When ever his-," Cathy stopped and took in a shaky breath, "when his birthday comes rolling around, I shut people out. I make them hate me." Cathy sat down and looked at her hands, "I've never been in a relationship because of that reason."

Jack chuckled and slowly shook his head. He sat down next to Cathy.

"That doesn't make any sense."

"I tried." Cathy smiled sadly.

"Everyone gets scared," Jack started, "Just, try to at least tell him, Please?"

Cathy looked up at Jack.

"You sound like a parent," Cathy laughed, "Can I call you pops?"

"No," Jack smiled, "you still didn't answer my question."

"I'll try to tell Mac how I feel about him, key word is try."

"That's all I need to hear." Jack smiled.

Jacks phone buzzed.

"Looks like Mac is on his way home."

"Sweet." Cathy smiled, "I did miss him."

"What about me?" Jack asked.

"Wasn't the hug enough?" Cathy joked. The two started laughing.