Don't Leave, Please

Cathy sat on the floor. Her legs were crossed.

"Mac," Cathy looked up at him, "stop trying to ram yourself into the door, it's not gonna open."

Mac stopped and sighed. He pushed his blonde hair away from his face.

"I don't have anything that could get us out of here, they took all of our stuff." Mac sat down next to Cathy, "even my Swiss Army knife."

"Sorry for your loss." Cathy joked.

Mac rolled his eyes.

"Look what I found." Jack was kneeling on the floor. "Trap door."

"It was meant to be found." Cathy said, "Danny's playing with us now."

"Let's just get out of this room," Jack looked at the group, "we'll make a plan along the way out of here."

📎📎📎

"This is a maze Jack." Riley spoke up, "we keep going the same way."

"We haven't been going the same way," Mac said, "it's just a straight line, there's light up ahead."

Jack kicked open the door and everyone climbed out onto the dry desert.

"Where are we exactly?" Cathy asked as she shielded her eyes from the sun.

"In the desert of Los Angeles of course." Danny chuckled.

"Back off man." Jack pulled out his gun and pointed it at Danny.

"Where did that come from?" Cathy asked.

"I've learned not to ask." Mac said.

Cathy shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll let your friends go Cathy," Danny took out a gun and pointed it towards the group, "but I'd really like for you to come with me."

The two men from earlier came behind the group. Guns pressed up to their backs.

"Cathy, don't do this." Mac grabbed her arm.

"It's the only way to keep you safe." Cathy took her arm out of Mac's grip. Cathy gave Mac a slight nod of her head. He got the idea.

Cathy began to walk towards Danny. He smiled at her.

"I missed you, Cathy."

Cathy smiled.

"I've waited so long for this moment."

Danny gave her a slight confused look. Then, Cathy made the first move.

Cathy punched Danny in the face and kicked his feet from underneath him. He fell to the ground, and the two began to fight. So did Mac, Jack, Bozer and Riley.

Cathy had kicked the gun out of Danny's hand, it landed a few feet away from the two.

Cathy punched Danny in the gut and tried to kick his side. But Danny had caught her leg and brought Cathy towards him. Then, Danny had punched Cathy across the jaw. She fell to the ground. 

"Not so tough now are we?" Danny smirked as he knelt down towards Cathy.

Cathy quickly wrapped her legs around Danny's neck and began to choke him.

"Not so tough now are we?" Cathy chuckled.

Danny wrapped his hands around Cathy's legs and somehow managed to throw the girl off of him.

The group finished off the last standing henchmen, the only one left now was Danny.

Cathy stood up. Her eyes wandered towards the gun Danny held in his hands.

"Put the gun down!" Jack held up his gun towards Danny.

"I tried so hard," Danny's hands shook, "to get you back."

"Danny," Cathy started, "put the gun down."

"You just ignored me."

"Danny, please." Cathy didn't dare to move.

"And I find out you wind up with some guy like him!" Danny looked at Mac, then his eyes went back to Cathy.

"Drop it!" Jack yelled, "or I shoot."

"Why Cathy?" Danny asked.

"Because he treats me better than you." Cathy brought her eyes to meet Danny's.

Danny grew angry. His hands shook more.

"Don't do it man!" Jack shouted.

Danny laughed.

"If I can't have you," Danny smiled at Cathy, "then no one can." Danny's finger pulled the trigger.

Jack fired his gun as soon as Danny did.

Cathy's eyes widened. She looked down at her now bloody shirt.

"Oh." Cathy breathed, her legs became weak.

"NO!" Mac ran towards Cathy and caught her in his arms. "Jack, call an air ambulance." Mac turned his attention towards Cathy as Jack made the call.

"Mac." Cathy groaned. "Mac, I'll be fine."

Tears filled his eyes.

"Just stay with me ok?" Mac could feel the tears leaving his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." Cathy breathed.

"Stop it." Mac took in a shaky breath, "You're gonna make it."

"Don't make promises you can't keep MacGyver." Cathy weakly smiled.

In the distance you could see a helicopter flying towards the team.

Cathy's eyes fluttered.

"Hey," Mac shifted the girl in his arms, "Don't close your eyes."

"I feel so tired." Cathy whispered.

"Keep your eyes on me Cathy." Mac ordered.

Cathy's eyes opened.

"How can I not." Cathy joked. Her eyes slowly began to close.

The helicopter was now landing.

"Don't leave," Mac cried, "Please."

"Mac, we gotta go!" Jack yelled over the helicopters propellers.

Cathy's eyes were completely closed now, her pulse was weakening.

Mac picked Cathy up and the team quickly made their way towards the helicopter.

Two men took Cathy and placed her down on a gurney. They then began their work to save her life.