"Get Down!"

Cathy and Mac were eating breakfast with the whole Phoenix team. It was actually a very good day. That is until they got a call.

Cathy closed her eyes and sighed.

"It never ends!" Cathy groaned and stood up. She grabbed her plate and put it in the sink and made her way towards the war room. Everyone else followed.

📎📎📎

"The man we are after is new," Matty pressed the large screen. An image of a man wearing a red and black mask came up on the screen. "He calls himself the Devil Of Blood."

"The devil of blood?" Cathy asked confused, the name, it sounded strangely familiar to her for some reason.

"He just popped onto our radar." Matty looked at the team," I want you to find any information on this man, if it's possible. Then, I want you to go find this bastard." Matty then walked out of the war room.

As Cathy and the team were gearing up, her phone began to ring.

Cathy answered it and sighed.

"I have to go over to Gabby's for a bit, I'll catch up with you guys later." Cathy grabbed her back pack and headed for the door.

"Wait," Mac said after her, "I'm coming with you."

Cathy smiled as Mac caught up with her.

📎📎📎

"Hey," Cathy said as both Mac and her walked into Gabby's house, "What's wrong?"

Gabby wrung her hands. She seemed fidgety.

"That's the problem, I don't know." Gabby sighed worriedly.

"Mac!" Lance yelled as he jumped into Mac's arms.

"Hey buddy," Mac smiled and took Lance into the living room.

Cathy turned her attention back to Gabby.

"So what's got you like this?"

"I've been seeing this black car drive by my house at least three, maybe four times a day." Gabby shivered, "it's creeping me out."

Gabby and Cathy moved into the living room where Mac and Lance were.

"So," Cathy started, "you feel like someone is watching you?"

Gabby sighed frustrated and ran her hands through her hair.

"I feel like someone is after me...." Gabby's voice faded away as something caught Cathy's attention.

Something small and red danced on Gabby's shirt. It began to move towards her heart.

Cathy's eyes widened, and everything seemed to slow down.

Cathy grabbed Gabby by the shoulders as she yelled "GET DOWN!" as the two were falling to the ground, an unknown shooter released, at least a few rounds of ammunition into the house. A single bullet landed in Cathy's shoulder.

Once Cathy and Gabby landed on the floor, Cathy cried out in pain.

"Cathy are you alright?" Gabby looked at Cathy with fear in her eyes.

Cathy moved her hand towards her right shoulder. As she pressed her hand on her shoulder, Cathy sucked in a painful breath.

"Cathy, you alright?" Mac asked from behind the sofa, he was sheltering Lance with his body.

"I'm fine," Cathy sucked in another painful breath, "just got nicked in the shoulder, that's all."

"The two lovebirds I presume?" A man wearing a black and red mask stepped into the living room holding Zack by his left arm.

"What do you want from us?" Gabby's voice quivered.

"I don't want anything from you, well, except for the boy." The man pointed his gun towards Lance.

Lance whimpered and crawled closer towards Mac's chest.

"Over my dead body." Cathy seethed.

The man turned his attention towards the girl.

"Ah, Catherine." The man's voice came out deep and gruff. His head cocked to the side as his eyes watched Cathy. "Is that what your new name is now? Catherine?" The man began to chuckle.

"Who are you?" Cathy slowly stood up, but she clutched her right shoulder to stop as much bleeding as possible.

"You know," the man started, "this is all just a dream. I've already gotten what I came here for. And you don't even know it."

Cathy's eyes fluttered. Was this a dream?

"Cathy!" Lance's voice echoed in her ears. "Cathy, please wake up!"

"Shhhh," The man's voice echoed, "Just relax."