"Why?"

Cathy and Mac parked the car out front of Stevens house. The place seemed eerily quiet.

"I'm going to kill him for what he did to me." Cathy balled up her hands into fists. Her nails bitting into her palms.

"Let's not kill him unless we have to." Mac said as the two neared the front door. "Matty wants him alive."

Cathy huffed.

Mac slowly opened the door. The hinges creaked as the door swung open.

The house was dark and quiet.

"Cathy?" Steven called out, "is that you?"

Cathy cleared her throat and stood up straight.

"It's me Dad, and Mac."

"Mac?" Steven questioned, "why is Mac with you?"

"We came to talk Mr. Kane." Mac said.

"About what?" Steven asked.

"About my mother." Cathy took one step forward and heard a faint click. Then came a hiss. White clouds of smoke filled the air. Mac and Cathy began to cough.

"What the-" Cathy slurred. Her vision played tricks on her. It was like she was looking through a kaleidoscope.

Cathy slumped to the ground, hitting her head in the process. Mac fell down next to her.

Steven walked closer towards the two. A gas mask was on his face.

"Tsk tsk tsk," Steven clicked his tongue. "I really didn't want it to come to this Cathy, but you made the wrong mistake about coming here." Steven leaned forward and picked Cathy up. He placed her in the back of his pick up truck and went back inside for Mac. Steven placed Mac next to Cathy and closed the tailgate. Cathy heard the engine start, then her body lurched forward.

"It was a trap." Cathy thought. Her eyelids began to close. Soon, Cathy was asleep.

📎📎📎

Cathy woke with a start. She took in a big gulp or air. Her hair was matted to her face.

"Cathy?"

Cathy turned towards the voice and almost cried.

In front of Cathy was Jack and Bozer.

Cathy ran forwards and hugged her best friends.

"I'm so sorry," Cathy cried, "I'm so sorry."

"You should be." Stevens voice echoed behind the group.

Cathy whipped her head around to face her father.

"You bastard!" Cathy stood up, but didn't move.

"Come any closer," Steven cocked the gun in his right hand, "and your little boyfriends head gets blown off."

Steven dragged Mac into view.

Mac's face was bloody. His head hung low. His left eye was swollen. A small groan escaped Mac's lips.

"Get back." Steven growled at his daughter.

Cathy followed her fathers orders, but she never took her eyes off of Mac.