The Death Toll Rises

"Ow!" Riley hissed as her hands were tied up together.

"Watch it pal." Jack glared at the man that was tying him up.

Bozer and Mac were quiet. Though, Bozer had fear in his eyes as he was being tied up. But Mac, he had his eyes on Cathy the whole time.

"Now," Murdoc smiled at the team, "who wants to go first?"

Everyone was silent.

Murdoc chuckled.

"Of course none of you would volunteer, I'll just have to choose someone myself." Murdoc's eyes locked onto Cathy's. Her heart seemed to stop.

"Dennis, don't do this, we're the only people who know where your son is."

Murdoc scoffed.

"You're not the only people who know where my son is." Murdoc got closer to Cathy's face, "Matilda knows where he is, and after this, I think I'll pay her a little visit." Murdoc moved Cathy closer towards the edge, but stopped when someone shouted at him.

"Step away from her, now!" One Of Murdoc's men had a gun pointed towards him. So did the other man next to him.

Mac, Jack, Riley, and Bozer were all free from their zip ties, the only person who wasn't, was Cathy.

"Distractions, distractions," Murdock clicked his tongue. He pulled out his gun with lightning speed and shot both of the men. They fell to the floor like rocks.

"Let's continue shall we?" Murdoc smiled and leaned Cathy over the ledge.

Cathy's heart was pounding in her ears. She tried to cling onto Murdoc's coat, but she couldn't reach it with the zip ties on her wrists.

"STOP!" Mac yelled and went to move forward when Murdoc stopped him.

"Move any closer Angus," Murdoc cocked his gun, "and I'll mess up that pretty face of yours."

Mac clenched his fists. Every part of his body wanted to move forward. But if he did, Cathy might be dropped. Or, like Murdoc said, "I'll mess up that pretty face of yours."

"Your boyfriend listens really well." Murdoc looked at Cathy.

"Dennis," Cathy struggled to keep her footing on the platform, "don't do this, please."

Murdoc laughed.

"There's no point in begging me, Cathrine, I don't listen to that stuff."

Cathy could hear the water moving as the electric eels jumped out of the water to get to their prey.

Murdoc tilted his head at Cathy.

"Look at you," Murdoc said quietly, "I've never seen you this terrified before."

"FREEZE!" An officer yelled. Tiny little red dots were on Murdoc's body. The sound of heavy boots could be heard as the S.W.A.T. team came into the building.

"They're always ruining my fun." Murdoc sighed.

"Put the girl down, and put your hands up!" The officer cocked his gun.

Murdoc faced the officer and smiled.

"This girl?" Murdoc motioned his hand towards Cathy.

"Drop the girl and put your hands above your head, NOW!"

Murdoc chuckled, his eyes locked onto Cathy's.

"If you say so." Murdoc said aloud.

Mac shot forward, the officer fired his gun, luckily it was just a tranquilizer dart. And Cathy, well, I'm pretty sure you know where she was going.

Before Cathy hit the cool, aquatic water, she heard Jack yell Mac's name.

When Cathy sank to the bottom of the tank, the eels spotted their prey and bolted towards her. 

Cathy heard the sound of a splash as someone entered the water.

An eel came at Cathy and touched her exposed skin on her arm. Electricity shot throughout her body.

Cathy let out a muffled scream and tried to stop herself from doing so, she needed to breathe.

One by one, each eel attacked the girl. Each time a wave of electricity shot up Cathy's spine.

Mac had his knife out as he attacked the eels that were in the aquatic tank. He needed to hurry.

Mac was on the last two eels now. He went for it, and killed it. But as Mac went for the last one, the eel attacked Cathy one last time. And that was enough to let the last breath of air out of her lungs.

Mac reached for the eel, not caring if he got electrocuted, and killed it. Then, he grabbed Cathy's lifeless body and swam for the surface.

"Jack!" Mac yelled, "I need help!"

Jack reached out for Cathy and dragged her up onto the platform, then Mac was next.

Mac moved his hair out of his face and scrambled over to Cathy's side.

"Cathy?" Mac said loudly as he moved her hair out of her face. His heart rate began to increase.

Mac placed his ear onto Cathy's chest. There was no heartbeat.

"C'mon Cathy, don't do this to me." Mac began CPR.

Mac proceeded to do CPR. Cathy was still not breathing.

"Come on Cathy!" Mac said through clenched teeth. The girl wasn't responding.

"Mac." Jack said quietly.

"Cathy don't do this to me!" Mac gave Cathy mouth-to-mouth, then went back to pumping her chest.

"Mac." Jack said louder this time.

Mac ignored him and continued to give Cathy CPR. It was no use.

"Mac." Jack grabbed Mac's shoulder.

Mac stopped. Tears spilled from his eyes.

"I-I can't..." Mac let out a sob, "I can't lose her."

Jack knelt down to Mac's level and placed his hand on Mac's shoulder.

"I promised I would keep her safe." Mac sobbed. "I-I lied to her."

Jack rubbed Mac's back and let some of his own tears fall.

Mac pulled away from his friend and leaned towards Cathy.

"I'm so sorry." Mac whispered as he kissed her forehead. His tears landed on Cathy's cold, pale skin.

Mac sobbed again and placed his forehead on Cathy's.

"This is all my fault." Mac whispered.