Waking Up

Cathy's eyes fluttered open. They adjusted to the light.

Cathy stretched out her legs. She moved her arms, but realized they wouldn't move much further. Something was underneath her. Cathy looked down to find that she was sitting down on top of a mattress. Cathy also felt cold and dirty. She saw that the only clothing she had on was a tank top and some shorts.

"Hello darling." Danny walked into the room.

"Where am I?" Cathy slurred.

"Somewhere safe." Danny walked towards her. "He can't save you now." Danny smiled as he touched Cathy's cheek.

Cathy whimpered as Danny touched her cheek.

"Leave me alone." Cathy's voice quivered.

"Why?" Danny moved closer to Cathy. His lips lightly touched her cheek.

Cathy let the tears fall.

"Get away from me!" Cathy shoved Danny away from her.

Danny fell back. He smiled at Cathy and walked towards her again.

"Just relax Cathy." Danny pulled out a syringe and pushed the needle into her skin, then he pushed the plunger.

Cathys vision became blurry again.

"No." Cathy groaned as her vision faded away.

📎📎📎

Cathy's eyes fluttered open.

"Ah," Danny smiled at her, "there she is."

"What did you do to me?" Cathy slurred.

"Just gave you a little something to help you relax, that's all."

Danny moved her hair out of her face.

"Tell me about your job," Danny kept the smile on his lips, "at Phoenix."

Cathy looked up at him.

"How did you know that I work there?"

"Oh, I didn't. But now I do." Danny kissed Cathy on the cheek.

Cathy flinched at the touch of his lips. She didn't like it.

"You're not getting anything from me." Cathy said coldly. "I'd rather die."

"Oh," Danny chuckled, "I know you would." Danny stood up and walked over to some sharp knifes and other torture devices. "Actually, I want you to tell me everything you know about Angus MacGyver."

"I don't know much about him." Cathy replied.

"Of course not," Danny grabbed a small surgical knife. "I want you to tell me everything that he's told you, said to you."

Cathy chuckled.

"Aren't we a little jealous."

"I won't let him take you away from me!" Danny shouted.

"I hope he does!" Cathy said out loud. She stopped herself from saying anything else.

Danny looked at the girl with curiosity.

"You two-" Danny smiled, "you two care for each other. But you haven't said anything to him, and he hasn't said anything to you." Danny chuckled. "This is going to be good. I know how I can get MacGyver here." Danny looked at Cathy, "by using you as the bait."

"You hurt him and I'll-"

"You'll What?" Danny said coldly, "you can't do a thing." Danny walked closer to Cathy and kissed her on the lips.

"I'll see you later." Danny whispered to her. He walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. When he locked it, the sound echoed throughout the room.

Cathy began to cry.

Never in her whole life, had she ever felt so helpless, so useless.

"What are you doing Cathy?" Cathy said to herself out loud. "Look at you, crying because you think you've lost." Cathy wiped her tears away. "Get yourself together. You need to fight."

Outside her room, Cathy could hear Danny talking to someone. She couldn't hear what he was saying though. Was he talking on a phone?

Cathy thought about yelling for help. But, as she looked at the concrete walls, no sound would escape them.

Cathy sighed and curled up on the mattress. 

Cathy's fear was building back up again.

"Think of something nice Cathy." Cathy said to herself.

Cathy thought about Lance. How happy he always is, his smile always could light up a room. Gabby, always the silly one. Jack, he always sounded like a mother yelling at her children to stop fighting. Bozer and Riley, always talking to each other. And Mac, he could always make Cathy smile, he could always find a way to make her feel better.

Cathy began to calm down. The only thing that was on her mind was Mac.