Prisoner

The room was eerily quiet. The two just stared at each other. One smiling, the other one glaring.

"Matilda," Murdoc started, "why the silence? This isn't you."

"How many more times am I going to have to see you in here?" Matty said angrily.

Murdoc chuckled and sat back in his chair.

"Many, many times."

📎📎📎

Cathy and Mac were alone tonight. No one was at Macs house but them.

Cathy had her head on Mac's shoulder, and her right hand was holding his left hand.

"Mac," Cathy started, "Do you think all this crazy stuff is over?"

Mac sighed and squeezed her hand.

"Let's hope so."

Cathy lifted her head and planted a kiss on Mac's jaw. Then, she stretched out over Mac's legs and laughed.

"What are you doing?" Mac chuckled.

"Can you carry me to my room?" Cathy asked smiling, "I'm too tired and too lazy to do it myself."

Mac laughed and picked Cathy up. He carried Cathy to her room and set her down on the bed.

"Happy?" Mac asked.

Cathy yawned and nodded her head.

Mac went to leave but stopped at the sound of Cathy's voice.

"You can stay, if you want." Cathy patted the spot on the bed, next to herself.

Mac climbed onto the bed and sat next to Cathy. She snuggled up against his side and closed her eyes.

Mac chuckled and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Night Cathy." Mac said.

"Goodnight Mac." Cathy mumbled as she was starting to slowly fall asleep.

📎📎📎

[ Unknown Location ]

"Good, good, very good." The man said as he was watching the monitor of the two. "They're enjoying themselves."

The man pressed a button, and the monitor switched to a different couple.

A little boy was running around the island in the kitchen. His mother was trying to catch him, but was failing at it. The husband was cooking the kids favorite food, spaghetti.

"You're too slow Mom!" The little boy laughed, "Mac can catch me, but you can't!"

"Oh yeah?" The Woman changed her path and out smarted the boy. She caught him in her arms and began to tickle him. The boy began to laugh and kick his legs.

The man watching the screen smiled.

"They're having fun, good." The man's eyes went towards the laughing child. His hand pressed another button, and the monitor from earlier came onto a different screen.

"Enjoy the fun while it lasts," The man flicked his cigarette out of his hand, it landed near a sniper rifle. "Because I'm about to ruin it." The man smiled and began to chuckle. His eyes never went off of the laughing child.